• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patient Litters, Litter Stands and IV Pole

aboonski

Just added a finishing touch to one of my four patient litters that I recently acquired locally for $20.00 each. The litter stands were purchased from another Steel Soldiers member (Dirtyfingernails) - altogether I bought three sets from him for $25.00 each plus shipping from Gainesville Florida. I purchased the clip-on IV pole from an Ebay seller for $25.00 plus shipping. I even bought to litter straps for each litter (Ebay) in case I ever get involved in patient triage in the future. Still waiting for four G.I. sleeping mats (Ebay again) for $5.00 each plus shipping. I should be able to set two of these up inside of my deuce for a place to crash when camping out somewhere. These things are also great as a work area once you place a piece of plywood on top of the litter. They will support a whole lot of weight and make excellent saw horses. Having been a medic in the AF for 21 years I often had to set stuff like this up during simulations of mass casualty situations. When I retired I wanted stuff like this after realizing alternative uses besides patient use. The person I bought the litters from had eighteen of them; not sure if he has any more. Compared to the litters I used during my active duty career, these have thinner handles but work just as well. I bought to with green canvas and two with white canvas.

Attachments

aboonski

I was hoping you would see the post Steve. Thanks to you I have these litter stands that pretty much complete my personal triage setup! That M1008A1 is and probably always be my daily driver. Trying to get one of my sons to buy one - he is in the Air Force and stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base.

dmetalmiki

nice find. we got some today.

here's a pic of one of my collection..I just today baught 4 stretchers (litters) from our local disposal agent.(all U.S. Stuff there for disposal). they cost £10. each..(about 12 bucks each.) and "get one free ". there are three now in the strectcher compartments at back left of my ambulance. All the kit inside is there and working. and was lucky to get the orriginal moibile/ interior stretcher complete. (these are usually missing. I also have all the "sounds radios and lights." All working. there are pumps (throat??.suckers..something else..!..oxygen kit masks pipes etc..I dont know how to use..the inverter in this unit is amazing.. runs a transformer (up to 240 Volts ac) which runs a U.K. domestic microwave cooker! .There is a small oven/hob/ 4 ring bottle gas cooker and water container to a small caravan sink unit tucked behind the attendances jiffy seat. all the other items are "out of sight inside and behind the sliding medic cuboard locker door at front of interior body. I will get some interior pics tomorrow. I'ts 01.30 at mo and absalutly B...Y freezing ouside now. I bid for anothet medic unit which is coming in next week..and hope I get that as well. (I use my M62 wrecker to "hoick" them back.

Attachments

aboonski

Ambulance & litters

Looks like I should move to England! That ambulance is in great condition. A lot of the M1010 ambulances that are offered at auction here in the US are either really nice or completely used up and don't have all of the accessories that you have in yours. Does the British government tax you an things like that? We generally pay sales tax according to the state that the item is located at except when buying from GSA. By the way, since you live over in England have you ever met Mr. Methane? I am one of his fans.....

tomc

I used the litter stands with litter at sports shows when exhibiting my Wilderness First Aid training in SW VA. Did have some people want to purchase the litter and stands.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks