• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pattern for compressor wrench

Bowtie70SS

Is there a pattern out there for the compressor wrench? It would be cool if someone had a pattern or traced one on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper and scanned it in so tight wads with scrap steel could make their own. Thanks.

peashooter

Attachments

Last edited:

Bowtie70SS

Thanks, I hadn't thought about making my own pattern. I do have a nice 3 foot pipe wrench I could use but where is the fun in that? Do you think the people who make them pay the guy who originally invented the tool? I'm sure they don't.

Bowtie70SS

Pretty cheap, do you get a kickback or something? I can only assume most aren't skilled or resourceful enough to make their own or they wouldn't put me down for wanting to contribute. I will make one with a cardboard template and post results. I can only assume that somone traced a original wrench then had them cut out and is selling them for profit. I see no reason to make a tool for free that I may only ever use once.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem as I am cheap as well. Some things I can make myself but that was not one of them. :)

randygk

Made one out of a good grade of 3/4 inch plywood, works great. will never rust, but then there's the termite and rot problem

steelandcanvas

I don't have a problem with paying someone who took the time and initiative to produce a part or tool. I bought that same tool from a SS Member a few years back, the fabrication was flawless. I'm sure he had to purchase one to get the pattern to make the tools he sold. There is a lot of "Pay it Forward" items on this site, and alot of good deals from Folks just trying to make a buck with something they have an idea for. I'm cheap also, and only try to buy things I need or will need and fab what I can.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
compressor thin wrench

Used a thin wrench to hold the aft side of it. Can't find it right now, its here someplace, maybe 2 3/16" . can't remember. Anyhow it is from this set. Some Kroil and 9/16 socket and box on forward side and it is easily adjustable.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks