• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patton vehicles

FreightTrain

Banned
How many M34s were used in teh movie Patton and how many scenes?I counted 5 scenes up to the tank battle where the US tanks first started running out of fuel.....and I cound 3 or 4 different M34s in that scene alone in the background as Patton is doing his thing....Beginning of the movie you can see a tan colored Nazi M34 in the background.Then at the Nazi POW camp you a deuce goes right to left.You can just make out the hood contour as a modern style deuce(Same deuce?).Then the cross roads scene you can see what looks like the same deuce crossing time and time again.

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,he died December 21,1945........Yea,the trucks were WAY outta time frame but that has never stopped hollywood before and not like the General Public would even notice....Hell,all the tanks were US tanks.No matter who's they were I think.

Sken

Well, the makers of the movie didn't get into vehicle accuracy too much. The German tanks were m-47's, the U.S. tanks were M-24's. They tended to be shown in set piece battles, where the tanks were lined up like Civil War cannons.
The trucks were Reo's, and I think I remember that some of the "jeeps" were M-151's.

It's aggravating, but still a decent movie. At least George C. Scott got to ride around in a proper Dodge command car.

Capt.Marion

I've got a folder full of screenshots from PATTON showing the incorrect vehicles.

My favorite is the M3 Halftrack painted gray with an Iron Cross on it full of "Jerries"... just a little obvious?

And then the M38 carrying Gen Bradley at the beginning....

Maybe I've seen this movie a few too many times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks