• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patton's Command Van Under Restoration

Baron3-6

I think Patton might have just laughed if he was alive and saw the heads of his enemies in a gift shop. :beer: Strikes me as someone who would have asked to have those same heads put on pikes.
.....the same man who as a Lt. on the Mexican border in 1916 shot two bandits and tied them to the fenders of his Model T Ford like deer?......
Never....:lol::lol::lol:

jamesfrom180

I personally like the story of him claiming he was cheated of a medal by the Olympics since they did not score a keyhole shot. Though the 1916 story is one of my favorites too. That all said he was a very colorful man.

robert c neth

Banned
pattons cadillac was restored with a year different front end on it,if i can dig out the article i will post it up .i think it was in military vehicles still anice car .i took a lot of photos there and no one said anything that was about 20 years ago .

saddamsnightmare

March 14th, 2012.

No, it was Patton, and the car was his Dodge Touring car. MacArthur was also the guy responsible for breaking up the WWI bonus marchers camp in D.C. during the depression. Patton had money, I doubt if he ever rode in many Model "T"Ford's in or out of the army. He basically kept his tank unit in spare parts ordered from the civilian makers during the Great Depression and he would ship his own polo ponies from meet to meet (Uncle wouldn't pay for that even back then). Neither MacArthur or Patton had much of a touch with the common G.I. like Bradley, and Eisenhower often got to do the dirty work in the staff when he was under MacArthur. Ike was a consummate bureaucrat, that is why he got the Chief of SHAEF and often saved Patton's butt after a couple of the incidents in Europe, though I am sure both Ike and Brad would have liked to have done without Georgie Patton..... He was too much of a fighter and loved a good battle.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks