• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Pay it forward"

Can we have a "pay it forward" stcky for the CUCV's?
It is where free stuff is offered, if you take something, you put something up of use to a cucv owner. You can list before you take something as well.

Also a "I will trade my ____ for_____" sticky would be nice, though not as likely to happen.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that might be a great addition for the classifieds -

kind of a 'free stuff' forum

or a 'swap meet' forum

that type of thing?

but you can't post ad's in the classified unless you are a member so that may be problematic

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have thought about a free classifieds section, but I'm worried about it would be abused.

As far as this thread...
Trades, no.

Free, yes.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have thought about a free classifieds section, but I'm worried about it would be abused.

As far as this thread...
Trades, no.

Free, yes.
With volume of classifieds being post in the forums now you could use a moderataor just for classified ads , if you ads a free section it would need to be done before starting the free section , as you don't have time to keep up with forum posts now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We are addressing that fact currently. The team is working on selecting additional moderators for the forum now. (Warthog is the newest addition)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We are addressing that fact currently. The team is working on selecting additional moderators for the forum now. (Warthog is the newest addition)[/QUOTE]

Well that's just spiffy!!!
Now we have another "bully" moderating!aua

Just kidding...congrats Warthog (PB ducks and runs for cover)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
papabear;1051300[B said:
Well that's just spiffy!!! [/B]
Now we have another "bully" moderating!aua

Just kidding...congrats Warthog (PB ducks and runs for cover)
After Doghead banned me for a couple of days, look what they did to me now!!! (I was really just offline..)

I'll never have any friends.....;)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would say maybe a FREE listing ONLY would NOT require the $15 premium member, NO trades, ect., NOTHING but FREE, If it is found that something is free BUT shipping is $100, like some EPAY sales, then the FREE ad GOES

Last edited:

1stSarge

So…. If I was a vendor, and I wanted to give stuff away, would I be allowed to post in the “free” classified section or would it have to be in the “Vendor” section?

Yeah, good idea, I think we all have bits and pieces we would give away if someone paid shipping, but managing it and defining the rules would be a whole new workload.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good Enough

Golly gee whammo.
I think if we all just spent the same time/effort making the site work as it is now instead of spending that time/effort trying to change it we would all be better off.aua

And yes...I am a grouchy ole phart!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Free, just pay a small shipping and handling fee...;)

Josh

Free, just pay a small shipping and handling fee...;)

Saw something like that last night. It was a 150 dollar value thing they droped to 10 bucks, then free, but had a 39.95 S&H fee. It would easlly fit in a flatrate box. Sad part is they had a counter on the screen and sold thousands of em.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw something like that last night. It was a 150 dollar value thing they droped to 10 bucks, then free, but had a 39.95 S&H fee. It would easlly fit in a flatrate box. Sad part is they had a counter on the screen and sold thousands of em.
And don't forget the second one for free, just pay separate processing!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have no problem with people giving stuff away. I have no problem with people charging shipping. I do have a issue with inflated handling fees. That's the sticky point with this.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if your not satisfied, return it and get your money back(low purchase price only).

"Here's how to order now...."