• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PCB/TSU so many choices which to buy?

mgieselman

I've spent 3 days reading up on the different PCB/TSU options, it looks like the best options are:
  1. Nartron
  2. KDS
It's not clear to me after much online reading if one is better than the other for my M1123 A2 variant.

My questions to the forum, is one better than the other? Is there another better option not listed?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
You can also build your own. Check out my thread with the schematic

post 51

Yes... Check out his thread. Look at all the others posted too... around that thread. Pay close attention to details.

Here to answer questions one might have on start boxes. Other experts here too.

There are other choices to manage HumV electrical start / glow issues.

Just PM me to start that conversation. CAMO

mgieselman

If nothing is wrong, dont start changing parts...
My PCB blinks 7 times then turns off, it does turn on the glow plugs but does not turn them off.

All of the connections are clean and free of corrosion, ground checks out as well. Glow plugs are brand new and all are within spec for resistance, or at least were.

Once I determined that the Glow plugs were not being turned off I shut off my humvee, hopefully they are not ruined.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My PCB blinks 7 times then turns off, it does turn on the glow plugs but does not turn them off.

All of the connections are clean and free of corrosion, ground checks out as well. Glow plugs are brand new and all are within spec for resistance, or at least were.

Once I determined that the Glow plugs were not being turned off I shut off my humvee, hopefully they are not ruined.
I would recheck them now….

springer1981

Just curious what "My PCB blinks 7 times" means. What "blinks"? When I first read it I thought it could mean the "after glow" function after the engine starts. My old start box did this and caused the volt meter and the lights to "blink" until it finished the after glow time. Just wondering if you are seeing the after glow and just not waiting enough for it to stop. Mine did it for almost 2 minutes after it started.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes... Check out his thread. Look at all the others posted too... around that thread. Pay close attention to details.

Here to answer questions one might have on start boxes. Other experts here too.

There are other choices to manage HumV electrical start / glow issues.

Just PM me to start that conversation. CAMO
Back in the day, Cam helped me create these plans that I have referred to in Post number 51 in my former thread. He actually reached out to me in an attempt to help me create this stuff. He has also done this with several others. I was clear about his involvement then and I am clear about it now. When he says “look carefully at the plans”, he is referring to the fact that he was involved in making these plans, something that was clear in the post back then and therefore will always be clear in the future.

Back in the day, Cam told me that he did not mind if I sold these units or if I posted the plans, as long as I gave him credit. I have never tried to hide the fact that these plans were the result of hours worth of telephone conversations between myself and Cam.

I hope the plans help you guys. I am sorry Cam seems upset that I have referred to the plans that he helped me create and post all that time ago, (and the plans that he even corrected for me online), all that time ago. Given that we worked on these plans together and I posted them online all that time ago with his help and support, I am confused as to why he would feel I did not give him credit in this recent post.

When I was away and ill, Cam called on me to check on me. I consider him to be a friend. I am sorry he now feels slighted, and yet I have done nothing that we hadn’t agreed to all that time ago.

My point in referring to the old post now has nothing to do with trying to take credit. It has everything to do with trying to give back to the SteelSoldiers community the same way I was supported by many others like by CamO all that time ago.

CamO, my friend, thanks for the help, the knowledge, and the support.

Last edited:

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in the day, Cam helped me create these plans that I have referred to in Post number 51 in my former thread. He actually reached out to me in an attempt to help me create this stuff. He has also done this with several others. I was clear about his involvement then and I am clear about it now. When he says “look carefully at the plans”, he is referring to the fact that he was involved in making these plans, something that was clear in the post back then and therefore will always be clear in the future.

Back in the day, Cam told me that he did not mind if I sold these units or if I posted the plans, as long as I gave him credit. I have never tried to hide the fact that these plans were the result of hours worth of telephone conversations between myself and Cam.

I hope the plans help you guys. I am sorry Cam seems upset that I have referred to the plans that he helped me create and post all that time ago, (and the plans that he even corrected for me online), all that time ago. Given that we worked on these plans together and I posted them online all that time ago with his help and support, I am confused as to why he would feel I did not give him credit in this recent post.

When I was away and ill, Cam called on me to check on me. I consider him to be a friend. I am sorry he now feels slighted, and yet I have done nothing that we hadn’t agreed to all that time ago.

My point in referring to the old post now has nothing to do with trying to take credit. It has everything to do with trying to give back to the SteelSoldiers community the same way I was supported by many others like by CamO all that time ago.

CamO, my friend, thanks for the help, the knowledge, and the support.
Simple misunderstanding. I understand why Cam might have felt that way, ie no direct mention of him here until later. But I also understand Tobash that he didn't mean to exclude reference as it's clear in the linked thread the part Cam played.

It's all good guys so Keep Calm and Carry On!!

Thanks to both of you for all your contributions!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks