• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PDF For Military Maintenance Logs?

cpf240

Just did my first oil & filter change on our M1009 with my boys the other day, and soon will be doing other maintenance tasks.

Lets say I want to get a bit silly about it, and use a log book to track what we have done to the vehicle. Not that a log book is silly, but what if I want to use whatever forms the military would have used?

What forms would those be, and are they available?

I did search a bit here, and found lots of lists of TMs, but struck out on any forms. Several members have talked about finding such records included with their vehicles when purchased from GL, etc.

Thanks for indulging me in my silliness!

cpf240

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a laminated 4 page both sides printed, instruction leaflet labeled

"LUBRICATION ORDER" I can post pictures tomorrow if needed...K

moose53

IF YOU HAVE A COPY OF Army Pamphlet 750-8 ALL U NEED TO KNOW FOR MOTOR POOL OPERATIONS ITS IN THERE,
CHAPTER 2-8:

2-8. Equipment record folder

a. The equipment record folder (NSN 7510-01-065-0166) holds the forms needed to keep up with equipment use, operation, and condition while on dispatch.

b. The equipment record folder is used each time an item of equipment goes on dispatch as shown below:

(1) The folder contains only the forms and records needed during a dispatch. For routine dispatch, a vehicle folder contains the current DA Form 5988-E or DA Form 2404 and DA Form 2408-14 when there is something deferred or on order for the equipment; DA Form 5987-E/ DD Form 1970 ; and the accident forms, SF Form 91 and DD Form 518 .

(2) DA Form 2408-4 (Weapon Record Data) goes in the folder only when the weapon is to be fired, serviced, or repaired.

(3) All the forms, except DD Form 314 and DA Form 2408-9 , should be put in the folder when the equipment goes to support maintenance.

c. An equipment record folder is assigned to a specific item of equipment. DA Form 5823 ( fig 2-6 ) in the front outside pocket ties the folder to the equipment.

d. The equipment record folder and all forms on an item of equipment go with the equipment when it is turned in or transferred

Jim

Jones

There are several.
Equipment Inspection And Maintenance Worksheet (General Maint.), Vehicle Classification Inspection (surveys a vehicle for condition and repairs needed), Motor Equipment Utilization Record (check out sheet to use vehicle), Equipment Identification Card (just that-- 3" X 5" card with vehicle description and identifiers), Motor Vehicle Inspection (Transporting Hazardous Materials) (very thorough check list for vehicles hauling dangerous loads).
There are also reports for bridge, fording and tunnel inspections as well as reports for vehicle accidents involving other military equipment and accidents involving civilian vehicles.

I'm thinking you want the first one or two.

Attachments

cpf240

Thanks! This is an interesting pamphlet! ( Pamphlet my butt, its over 300 pages long! ) I was able to find one online dated 2005, and it looks like it should cover just about everything I was looking for.

Sadly, someone neglected to follow step "d" when my truck was turned over to GL, or GL failed to follow it when turning the truck over to me. :???:

Not that I really expected them to...

IF YOU HAVE A COPY OF Army Pamphlet 750-8 ALL U NEED TO KNOW FOR MOTOR POOL OPERATIONS ITS IN THERE,
CHAPTER 2-8:

2-8. Equipment record folder

a. The equipment record folder (NSN 7510-01-065-0166) holds the forms needed to keep up with equipment use, operation, and condition while on dispatch.

b. The equipment record folder is used each time an item of equipment goes on dispatch as shown below:

(1) The folder contains only the forms and records needed during a dispatch. For routine dispatch, a vehicle folder contains the current DA Form 5988-E or DA Form 2404 and DA Form 2408-14 when there is something deferred or on order for the equipment; DA Form 5987-E/ DD Form 1970 ; and the accident forms, SF Form 91 and DD Form 518 .

(2) DA Form 2408-4 (Weapon Record Data) goes in the folder only when the weapon is to be fired, serviced, or repaired.

(3) All the forms, except DD Form 314 and DA Form 2408-9 , should be put in the folder when the equipment goes to support maintenance.

c. An equipment record folder is assigned to a specific item of equipment. DA Form 5823 ( fig 2-6 ) in the front outside pocket ties the folder to the equipment.

d. The equipment record folder and all forms on an item of equipment go with the equipment when it is turned in or transferred

Jim

cpf240

Those forms are exactly what I was looking for, especially the 2404, thanks!

I was just starting to read about them in the 750-8 pamphlet mentioned by moose53, and now here they are!

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Yes, I have a problem... I like vehicle maintenance paperwork :cookoo:

There are several.
Equipment Inspection And Maintenance Worksheet (General Maint.), Vehicle Classification Inspection (surveys a vehicle for condition and repairs needed), Motor Equipment Utilization Record (check out sheet to use vehicle), Equipment Identification Card (just that-- 3" X 5" card with vehicle description and identifiers), Motor Vehicle Inspection (Transporting Hazardous Materials) (very thorough check list for vehicles hauling dangerous loads).
There are also reports for bridge, fording and tunnel inspections as well as reports for vehicle accidents involving other military equipment and accidents involving civilian vehicles.

I'm thinking you want the first one or two.

Army Pamphlet 750-8

Took one of the forms and cleaned it up

Equipment Inspection And Maintenance Worksheet

If there is a form of this that's blank I was unable to find it .

If there is not, Hope this can help some people out.

Attachments

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DA-2404 (as everyone has said) is what the Army uses. We modified the form to be a regular sheet (8.5 x 11) instead of the legal length for easier filing in the books. HTH.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks