• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PE-95-K O'Keefe & Merrit Gen Set. Value? Picture Heavy

MatthewH

Hopefully you genny guys can help. Threw a guy at work, I have come across a PE-95-K Gen set. The seller isn't sure what it's worth, but looking to sell it as his father passed away, and the family no longer has a use for the unit.

So far, he hasn't found the service records, but he said when his dad bought it in the early 90's, they had a generator company here go threw it and they replaced an armeture and a couple of brushes. Said they went threw the motor as well and everything checked out. Only ran twice since then.

Still working on getting it to run, the fuel tank was full, and the lines were full of varnish and nasty old gas. It did crank over good.

Unfortuantly, the K-52 trailer is long gone, and the sheetmtal, while there, is a little banged up and everything is in need of a good cleaning and paint job. Has been modified slightly, with an elec fuel pump, newer breaker on front panel, and they wired in a 50ft cord so they could plug in and flip the switch. Other than that, still looks pretty military

Any advice or comments would be great. I know from what little I found parts are scarce to none avaliable, but they are great running machines.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a nice unit. Super quiet and easy on gas, simple to convert to natural gas or propane. Engine parts are same as flatfender Willys Jeep. I would pay up to $1000 for that, but much less would be much better. That is the 1950's version which is 10kW, the WWII ones were 5 kW.

MatthewH

That is a nice unit. Super quiet and easy on gas, simple to convert to natural gas or propane. Engine parts are same as flatfender Willys Jeep. I would pay up to $1000 for that, but much less would be much better. That is the 1950's version which is 10kW, the WWII ones were 5 kW.
NDT thanks, He is still looking for the service paperwork from the gen shop that worked on it, and trying to get it to run.

At $1000 value, it would be worth the gamble, run it till something major goes wrong, then find something else. Do like the idea of propane or nat gas for fuel.

If I don't grab this gem up, I'll more than gladly pass on the info so others can scoop it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks