• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pennsylvania Army Bumper Markings? Some Help?

When I get my truck I'd like to redo the bumper markings and since I was born and raised in pa and had some family members serve in the 28th infantry division (the bloody bucket) I'd like to mark my truck like that.

now I have been searching all day and can't figure out how to mark it, I'm just clueless. I think my grand father served in the 121st transportation company during Korea so that would be even better. That's all I really have to go by as of right now.

could some one please help me with the correct markings I should put on the truck for the 28th and 121st?

thanks Dan

wb1895

Left side

28 INF
121 Trans

Right side

Find out what company he was in and mark the right side wit it along with a truck number

Example "E34"

Last edited:
Idk what company he was in. All my mother knows is 121st truck company. He died a few years ago. Would you know a good guess? I wish I knew more, but I don't. I'm named after him so I really am hopeful I can put something on my truck for him.

so the passenger side of the truck would be 28 INF 121 TRANS and the right side (company) trk #

wb1895

Idk what company he was in. All my mother knows is 121st truck company. He died a few years ago. Would you know a good guess? I wish I knew more, but I don't. I'm named after him so I really am hopeful I can put something on my truck for him.

so the passenger side of the truck would be 28 INF 121 TRANS and the right side (company) trk #

Yes the left side (passenger side on the front and drivers side on the back) should be the Division and Battalion, the Right side should be the company (A,B,C,D, E) and then the truck number.

I've also seen the 121 as TTC (truck transport company) instead of trans which is correct?

I'll see what I can find out from my grand mother on company.

Hey no problem, I was thinking the markings needed an F and other letters so you got me in the right direction and for that I thank you!!!!! If I can't find out the company he was in I'll probably just put D as both of out names are Daniel and 85 for the year I was born.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dan the [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]121st Transportation Company (Lt. Trk.)[/FONT] was in Korea but while there was not under the 28th div but most likely attached to the 40th or 45th div. The 28th was activated and most went to Germany only a some units were sent to Korea, with the 121th being one of them but can't find which[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Battalion[/FONT] they were attached to. Activated during desert storm they were under an engineering battalion the 103rd but don't know who the higher was.

Oh well that sucks then..... Maybe I'll just put the 28th infantry then, idk yet I'd like to keep it pa markings but under a transportation group since that's what I'll be using the truck for (off roading camping towing)

wb1895

Of course it IS your truck. Paint whatever you want on it. Nobody ever said it has to be "correct" unit markings. Put the 28th on it and the 121st, or whatever helps you honor the memory of your family.

I painted the unit markings of the first unit I was deployed to Iraq with in honor of my brothers who did not come back.

Mercunimog404

Banned
Of course it IS your truck. Paint whatever you want on it. Nobody ever said it has to be "correct" unit markings. Put the 28th on it and the 121st, or whatever helps you honor the memory of your family.

I painted the unit markings of the first unit I was deployed to Iraq with in honor of my brothers who did not come back.
X2. It's your truck. Put whatever oh want on it.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Notwithstanding personal choice.... but if he was in 121st Truck CO, then that would be on the Right side, not left. Left would be Battalion/BDE or next higher echelons.

Left (as you face) should be 28th ID / ___ BN

Right Side 121 TRK CO (TTC or TRANS CO or TRANS or similar) and then the Vehicle number which would be some variation of Platoon or section and the actual vehicle number Example HQ-42 like my avatar.

Idk the battalion or the platoon or anything else. I think this is what I'm gonna do

Passenger Side
28 INF
121 TTC

Driver side
D-85

you guys have any other suggestions? Do you guys know where I could did out more info of what battalion it would have been so I could do it the right way or what would look the best?

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Your close enough, I'd go over to FTIG and visit the museum and/or contact the 28th ID historian there. I have no doubt they would be very helpful to you on the markings and who the 121 was with in Korea as well as before and after their mobilization.

So I called the FITG museum and the historian is off till after the holidays but the gentleman I did talk talk was very helpful. He said he was pretty sure the 121st TTC was in Korea one of the few units that didn't go to Germany. But he was almost positive it wasn't under the 28th division at that time, because the 121st was a pa national guard unit. He said he didn't know what the correct division it would have belonged to. He said the historian would know better so I'll call him the end of this week.

ckinger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_0761.jpgIMG_0762.jpg The markings on my truck are copied from pictures I have of the local Pa. National Guard unit my dad retired from in the mid 90's. 28th Inf. Div.- 1st. Battalion. 229th Field artillery. A Battery, Truck #3.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of family members saved letters from GIs overseas, especially in wartime. Ask if any exist. Also, see if you can look at his discharge papers. I have a deuce that came from the 28th INF Division. I contacted the unit in the PA National Guard and they were very helpful regarding the history of my truck and a Major Park mailed me a lot of information on the unit and the history. Fortunately, light sanding revealed the original markings, which also matched what Carnac provided.

mikey

My truck came from the 28th. When I painted it, I recreated the bumper markings EXACTLY as they were on the truck when I received it. I received it directly from GL and it came from Fort Indiantown Gap, PA.

Here are my markings exactly as they appeared when I received the truck.

The left side (facing the truck) has 28-1-110-1. The right side bumper has D-4

Hope this helps!

Mikey

919907_4799657958226_1340612287_o.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks