• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pennsylvania M35A2 owners.....A couple questions for you.

Acripledbadger

Well haggerty pretty much told us to piss off as soon as we mentioned putting things in the bed... Any other suggestions.... I need any advice with this truck on insurance as I could get. Someone please help!

joshs1ofakindxj

Soooo, why did you mention putting things in the bed?

They just told me I can't use the truck for reenactments, but I can't legally haul anything with antique PA plates.

Coal Cracker

I'm using Hagerty, you have an Either/ Or situation on your hands. Either you abide by the Classic/Antique Restrictions and regualtions, Or you Register it as a regular truck have it inspected twice a year pay the proper insurance. You bought a 13k truck not a cavalier. Good Luck

Acripledbadger

Well it seems I have come to no avail that I can get insurance with the truck only one or two were worried about the age of 17 all 19 others said they are unsure about the size of the truck and how screwed everyone else would be if I were to hit them... Which the truck is not as big as it looks in pictures.... Thanks for the effort of helping me guys, if yas could ever figure out a soultion to my problem please just lay it on me... TLauden "sorry if I typed that wrong" you said at 19 you got the truck, am I right? When you did who did you get it insured with, if you did?

joshs1ofakindxj

I don't think I could of got a truck at your age either though. I'm 23 so you don't have to wait very long in the grand scheme of things.

joshs1ofakindxj

You'll have to provide a little more detail about the problem you're incurring if you want help. Can you not find a shop that will inspect the truck?

joshs1ofakindxj

Hmm, I've added tag lights and marker lights to mine for safety reasons, but I have an Antique plate for now. I would say I spent $70 on lights to get it up to DOT spec for a truck this size.

-license plate light
-front (amber) side, mid (amber) side, and rear (red) side marker lights
-5 amber lights across the top of the cab front
-3 red lights in the middle of the back just below the bed

I used cheap lights from a truck stop that had 12v 194 bulbs, and then bought bulk 454 24v bulbs on ebay to replace them.

I got power for them all from the trailer hitch wiring. I also wired my front forward markers to be on with the headlights.

I don't think you NEED those lights, but it's easy enough to install them, and a big safety improvement.

If you don't mind, can you PM me the premium, policy details, and agent contact info for the insurance you got? I'll be switching from antique once my insurance policy is up.

I have not given anymore information than what was necessary to much 411 means more issues but no one here owns any MVs I drove it up the street the other day 2 mins from my house and I swear people thought WW3 started with the looks I got people even came outside there houses..