• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

People vs. Cargo Capacity

OD Heavy Hauler

Just got a '86 M1008 and the truck is fine. Everything works and only had a few small issues so far. My question is: What is the gear ratio in axles of the M1009's?I saw somewhere they may be 3.08's. I may have chose the wrong vehicle for what I've found that I need (kids actually want to ride in the" big green machine"). A 1008 with its 4.56 gears don't like 60+mph's I don't think. Would 1008 axles with higher highway speed gear ratios (swapped in) bolt up in a 1009 without big issues? I would be willing to sell the 1008 or make a trade for a equal value(condition) 1009. Thanks

Crash_AF

M1009s have 3.08 geared 10 Bolt axles
M1008s have 4.56 geared Dana 60 Front/Corp 14 Bolt Rear axles.

I traded my 1008's 4.56 geared axles for 4.10 geared axles straight across to someone who just wanted the deeper gearing for his off roader.

M1008 axles will not bolt up to a 1009 without modifying the rear spring perches. The front will bolt up though.

Later,
Joe

DooDooBrown

Just got a '86 M1008 and the truck is fine. Everything works and only had a few small issues so far. My question is: What is the gear ratio in axles of the M1009's?I saw somewhere they may be 3.08's. I may have chose the wrong vehicle for what I've found that I need (kids actually want to ride in the" big green machine"). A 1008 with its 4.56 gears don't like 60+mph's I don't think. Would 1008 axles with higher highway speed gear ratios (swapped in) bolt up in a 1009 without big issues? I would be willing to sell the 1008 or make a trade for a equal value(condition) 1009. Thanks
37" tires brought down the RPM's on my truck and made it ride better as well.

OD Heavy Hauler

I think my situation needs a whole vehicle swap so I can carry a couple of extra people and still have the the military vehicle too. The 1009 will be more useful to me I believe in the long run. Thanks for axle swap offer though. Will put ad on classifieds about my truck hopefully by Fri.

REGULATOR

well if you change your mind, Id be happy to do a axle swap with you!!

thats like sayign I'll trade you this large nickle for your tiny dime!!
( seriously though Id swap!!!)

how much you looking to get for your truck?
PM me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks