• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Perfect Backspacing?

pand9

All
I am new to this world of M35's. Yesterday I purchased my first. Its a 71.

I have been reading all posts reagrding wheels / rims / adapter plates etc. and it's all starting to swim around in a blur. So if I am asking the question in the wrong thread remember Im a private. Please send me in the rite direction.

I am not trying to reopen any debates one thing versus another. I plan on running 395's. with adapter plates.

My question is will stock hemmit rims bolted to adapter plates have centering issues with or without the rear hubs flipped?

JJensen

I know that you can find it in a search. The search function on here can be tricky to use. I use google, and add "steel soldiers" to my search.

Anyway, I think that you can just run the adapter plate on the outside of the HEMMT wheels for the front, and on the inside for the rear. They you don't have to flip the hubs. The offset won't quite be right though. Flipping the hubs looks the best IMO.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question is will stock hemmit rims bolted to adapter plates have centering issues with or without the rear hubs flipped?
Not clear... do you mean centering the wheel (radially) relative to the hub, or do you refer to track width, front-rear, with rear hubs flipped or not???

G.

pand9

Gringletube
I was refering to track width. Currently I am planning on using 6 - 10 bolt adapters as Cuukvee85 has on his truck Bobbed engine swap and hydo powersteering andKohburn 6 bolt to 10 Bolt wheel adapters . I prefer the steel vs aluminium. I have also been set a little askew now by the 2 and 3 piece Hemmitts. Most that I have been finding for sale are the 2 pc. But that is another issue. The adapters being roughly 1.5" thick, will be the same on the front and rear hubs, as the adapter will be bolted to the hub. Am I correct in thinking that all I will have to do is flip the wheels front and rear by using the Hemmit rims, or will have to flip the rear hubs and leave the wheels in the same orientaion front to rear. Also while I have your thinking cap on. Am I correct in that the 6 bolt wheel is centered by the chamfered lugs and the 10 bolt is centered by the Hub. If so should not the Hub adapter have a raised centering lip on the 10 bolt side. which is not shown on his drawing in post 25. I guess in the end the answer to your question is "both".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks