• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Person needed for pickup

Boatcarpenter

I am looking for someone near Raleigh, NC who could pick up 2 small items being bought private sale and eventually get them started to New Hampshire, possibly by getting them to Aberdeen then to someone headed to New England.
Yes, the items are military items and MV related:grin:.
Would like to figure this out quickly.
Post up or PM me please.
Thanks,
BC
Would be willing to help with fuel if desired.

CGarbee

I've been trading emails with BC about this.... Since I am in Raleigh and can get the items up to Aberdeen for him to pickup (or have relayed), it looks like I will be doing the pickup...
If I run into any snags, we'll let everyone know...

ActonHillMan

NJ to VT - if it helps

I frequently travel from Central NJ to Southern VT. If you need help with the transport, please contact me. In the interium, I'm tring to find out about transporting a M817 from Ohio to Vermont....

Boatcarpenter

Yup, I gave Cabell the job because he is in Raleigh and we KNOW he is going to Aberdeen.
Thanks much for all other offers. This is such a great site for moving stuff around, it's incredible:lol:.
Cabell will be picking up a R-442 with speaker, mount and power cable and an RT-524 with mic, mount, power cable and the Bird wattmeter that clamps on the face guard.
Not exactly sure what I am going to do with them yet as I already have a RT-524 in the Deuce, but I'm thinking I see another green truck pretty soon:cool:.
BC

Carl_in_NH

Now we've just got to work on you getting your ham license, BC - then you can use one of those RT-524 rigs on wide-band FM on the 6M ham band. Put 'em to proper use. Think I'll stick to smaller rigs for VHF in my deuce - since the GRC-106A takes up more than its share of space for HF.

Boatcarpenter

Carl,
I'm working on it!
I keep waiting for them to have another 2 day free course in Nashua, but they keep scheduling the instructor from VT. who charges $99-$149.
Been thinking about an on line course, although I would rather have a real live instructor.
I'm going to do some research on this place to make see if they are legit.
HamTestOnline™
BC

m38inmaine

BC, all I did is keep taking the test qustions on line untill I knew them. It's a set question pool so you will be getting the same questions on the test. A week before the actual test hammer down on those practice tests and you will do fine.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks