• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Personal heater and engine coolant heaters in the tm

Ecscnvb

Looking through the tm today trying to fix an issue I'm having, I stumbled upon the fuel burning engine coolant and personal heaters that were installed while the military had these trucks. Does anyone still have these installed, cause I've not seen anyone with them?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have some sitting in the basement waiting for their number to come up, so they get installed. I collect a lot of parts that I am slow to install. Its so nice once I get them in though!

74M35A2

Here is an example of one installed onto an M939 series. Takes place of the heater core box and fan, it is an arctic accessory. I have this same setup, not installed yet. The correct M939 brackets to fit this 30,000BTU fuel fired heater to the heater core mounts are rare to find used, I had a guru do an NSN search and find an existing vendor for them because I'm not smart enough. There are also several examples of these installed onto numerous other MV's.

923FFHeater.jpg

Last edited:

74M35A2

I have several, NOS, complete in wood crates with heater, control box, wiring, fuel pump/filter, and exhaust. Send $. On your own for brackets, I don't have the NSN for them anymore.

Unbelievably nice feature. Get in the truck, start the heater, enjoy warm air, start the engine, and go. Once engine coolant warm, shut off fuel fired heater and use heater core type heater that was then moved to under pass seat (my plan).

It is very similar to a conventional garage turbo/bullet heater, except these route the combustion exhaust separately out a flexible exhaust pipe. Lo/Hi setting which adjusts the fuel rate.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Control head, 30k vs 60k comparison, and 30k neatly installed in an M809/M35a2 cab using the stock defrost diverter box. Realistically, you adjust cab temp via how far the window is down. Several others here know much more about these than I. Cranetruck and gimpyrobb are 2 super experts in this area. I just collect them, and don't install them, same as gr mentioned above. Either have time or money, seldom both simultaneously.

Heater Control.jpg heaters.jpg heater.jpg

Last edited:

Ecscnvb

I have several, NOS, complete in wood crates with heater, control box, wiring, fuel pump/filter, and exhaust. Send $. On your own for brackets, I don't have the NSN for them anymore.

Unbelievably nice feature. Get in the truck, start the heater, enjoy warm air, start the engine, and go. Once engine coolant warm, shut off fuel fired heater and use heater core type heater that was then moved to under pass seat (my plan).

It is very similar to a conventional garage turbo/bullet heater, except these route the combustion exhaust separately out a flexible exhaust pipe. Lo/Hi setting which adjusts the fuel rate.
How much?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

74M35A2

PM sent.

I don't have the exchanger to heat engine coolant. There is also an engine oil heater portion, I think it is really just a deflector which flows the heater exhaust across the oil pan.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Yes. I have 2 personnel ones, new old stock. $500ea, 100% complete. 30,000BTU. The coolant ones are a bit more obscure. Most I have seen are non-functioning or in parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks