• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Personal Rant....... 5 ton wanted......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam Morehead

I have been trying to find a 818 or even a cargo truck for our personal collection. Is anyone that is bidding on the GL stuff using the trucks personally. My dad got me addicted to this stuff and we do not sell anything. If my dad finishes a jeep or truck, he lets guys that are building a project like his have the left over stuff IF they are not selling the project. It seems like this stuff is going at high prices just to see the stuff show up for sale usually before they even get the 97 form. I am just frustrated that a personal collector has to spend thousands of dollars extra just because the dealers are buying them up to just to resale them at a profit. Does anyone agree with me? I do not want to stir a pot. I have been looking at GL for months and I can't afford anything on there. Before you slam me, note that my whole family is military and we enter our trucks in every parade and funtion that comes along every year. We have enough vehicles for a musuem at our house.

Cam

westfolk

We have enough vehicles for a musuem at our house.

Cam

Me to. However, I'm on the business end of the matter. I buy cheap, and sell high. That's America baby. Everything I buy someone else could also get. All they have to do is know it's there and sometimes be willing to pay more than I will.

Keep digging. What you're after is out there..........just have to find it.

papercu

You can blame the Internet and the PERSONAL collectors for driving the prices up. There no dealer that stays in business long by buying high. Wayne

frankieboy

Do you know who bids these trucks up? Half the guys on this list disguise themselves as collectors, but actually fund their hobby by buying and selling trucks. I could name a dozen or so guys just from watching this site the last few months. Who wants to be outted? :-D It used to be that most guys bought for themselves and they used to buy one or two trucks. Now, guys are bidding on three, four, five or more trucks. One guy said he bought his first truck in October and claims to have 15+ trucks and he says he's not a newby! Anytime you have someone who just got into the hobby and now has more than two trucks you basically just spotted a backyard dealer. Right or wrong, guys see a chance to make money and these are the guys bidding trucks up.

Cam Morehead

You can blame the Internet and the PERSONAL collectors for driving the prices up. There no dealer that stays in business long by buying high. Wayne
This makes no sense....... You just proved my point. I want to buy a truck for my personal collection. You want me to not bid so you can buy cheap and then double the price for me to buy the truck from you?

Cam Morehead

Do you know who bids these trucks up? Half the guys on this list disguise themselves as collectors, but actually fund their hobby by buying and selling trucks. I could name a dozen or so guys just from watching this site the last few months. Who wants to be outted? :-D It used to be that most guys bought for themselves and they used to buy one or two trucks. Now, guys are bidding on three, four, five or more trucks. One guy said he bought his first truck in October and claims to have 15+ trucks and he says he's not a newby! Anytime you have someone who just got into the hobby and now has more than two trucks you basically just spotted a backyard dealer. Right or wrong, guys see a chance to make money and these are the guys bidding trucks up.
Your point is what prompted me to post. The people you are talking about buy 14 pallets of wheels just to sell them to others. Guys buy 4 dump trucks and then have them for sale before they ever pick them up at the base. Just frustrated. I have no intention of selling the truck I want so I do not care what it is "worth". It is "worth" little if you do not want to sell it in 6 months. I live to drive to Hardees in a 20,000 pound truck to buy a biscuit. It opens the door to tell people about the military and the families that endure so much for them. I am just turned off by the business side of this. Cam

bassetdeuce

:ditto: Frankieboy hit the nail square on the head. I'm new to this hobby and I bought my A2 to keep till I die, but I suspect there are more who don't do this. I spoke with someone who pulled up with an A2 whistler at my local gas station. We talked about the A3s coming up and he mentioned that he just picked up his A2 at Redstone and was planning to immediately put it in his front yard for sale with another one to fund an A3. BTW he told me he is not a member here but lurks a lot. Now before anyone gets prickly about this, I dont care either way. Dealers may do this too, I dont know. Anyone looking for ammo at Wal-Mart can see that the local gun dealers have been hoarding to resell at double the price (hence the new ammo limits at some Wal-Marts), but in regard to these trucks, it would cost a ton of money to play that game. I do believe that the one thing that is keeping the prices of trucks relatively low is the current economic situation.

area52

You will find, I think, that as the market gets "flooded" with these trucks, the prices will come down. I admit I bought my last deuce just to turn around and sell, but the market out here is not doing very well for truck sales right now.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Highest bidder wins. How hard is that? Who cares WHY you got outbid, just know that it's because you didn't bid high enough. If I want ten trucks to sell, hoard or make into a transformer, that's my business. You don't like it? Outbid me.

And I'll share one other tidbit - once a person/dealer/etc survives the EUC/SF-97, the truck is worth nearly double.

The CHEAP deuce is dead. Stuff under 1000 is rare and under 1500 is getting there. No matter - they're WORTH it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well one thing is for sure, I'm "NOT" flipping my M35 now that I know it has an LDS-1A in it.

I'm glad you edited that post bro. I was gonna get really POed if you bid AFTER me, picked up before me and then sold the thing before my EUC ever cleared!! :)

rat4spd

Highest bidder wins. How hard is that? Who cares WHY you got outbid, just know that it's because you didn't bid high enough. If I want ten trucks to sell, hoard or make into a transformer, that's my business. You don't like it? Outbid me.

And I'll share one other tidbit - once a person/dealer/etc survives the EUC/SF-97, the truck is worth nearly double.

The CHEAP deuce is dead. Stuff under 1000 is rare and under 1500 is getting there. No matter - they're WORTH it.

Gotta agree, they aren't really all that pricey right now anyway. Just be glad you aren't bidding on A3's.

Cam Morehead

This is not about the bidding price to me. This is about you paying $3000 for a vehicle and then listing it for $6000 before you ever get it. It is my opinion and I will not change that. You are right, you can do whatever you want. That does not mean I will respect or like you for it. Cam

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not about the bidding price to me. This is about you paying $3000 for a vehicle and then listing it for $6000 before you ever get it. It is my opinion and I will not change that. You are right, you can do whatever you want. That does not mean I will respect or like you for it. Cam
Well I won't pay 3000 for anything cuz I'm cheap. Also I'm not trying to earn your respect or your friendship.

All that aside, bidding on a truck, clearing the EUC/SF 97 and paying for the recovery gets expensive. That alone nearly doubles the price of the truck. Not to mention if you are unable to preview you take your chances and can get stuck with something you can't sell. Heck that can happen even WITH a preview.

If a guy can fund his MV habit by flipping a few trucks or better yet put food on the table by flipping some - good on him. There's a guy who got the bucks together, put some sweat into it and had things work out. I can respect that. That's the American way.

I don't even have the one single truck I won home yet, but I'll defend my RIGHT to buy as many as I can pay for and to use them for whatever legal purpose I desire to the very end.

My wife and I EARNED every dime we ever got and we will spend it as we please. On one truck or ten. And if it's ten, I'll sell as many of them as I like (to US residents only).

Sephirothq

To sell something for $6000 you have to find someone willing to pay that. Without the buyer it doesn't matter what the seller asks for it. I could ask 1 million for a duece. will I get it no. So why does it matter what the seller asks for it.

Yell at the buyers that are paying $6000 for a site unseen truck that has no work or checkout done on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks