• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

perspective deuce owner

jones20992

hello everybody i am thinking of building a bobbed deuce but would first like to ask a few questions about what i would need to do to fit it out for my needs

i want this to be a daily driver something to drive to work that being said

4 times a month i drive up to 900 miles on the highway
14 times a month i drive up to 100 miles on the highway and up to 100 miles on dirt roads and we i use that term lightly maybe more like dirt trails
my truck needs to work in anything from -40 F to 105 F

so far i have come up with this as possible mod's

6bt 12 valve p pumped cummins (i can get one cheep and i can build the !@#$ out of one)

nv4500 2wd tranny (need the OD for highway speed and i believe the stock T-case is a divorced unit so a custom drive shaft and x member would be all i need)

disk brakes and a jake brake (i hear that the brakes suck on these when it comes to hi speeds)

lockers

what do i do for tires?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All I can say is for that distance, I would look elsewhere. That distance in this truck will beat you to pieces. For that temperature range you will also need a/c and arctic heater. For as much as you're putting into the drive train and brake system and a/c and heater and truck and fuel and everything else....suggest buying something else.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am wondering why you used a question mark on the last comment, but no punctuation on any of the other sentences(or capitalization).

Why did you choose an M35 series truck?

Last edited:

biodeucel

"Notice: When you enter a thread title the system will search for similar threads which have already been posted. That should help you to find answers."

^ This is one of the best forum features I've seen. Maybe it or the new members section could be made more conspicuous?

Westech

CPL
why do I want to hang my self? The constent Posts about I wanting this and I going to do that and I never even changed my own oil but want a 14K pound truck and going to do a $13K bob/swap/ 100 inch tres are sucking my will to live.

If everyone who posted the I wanna do this posts would do it there would be 10000000's of cummins powered with AC and lockers, radios, heated seats, ice makers, soft serve ice cream, hot dog stand deuces driving all over the USA.

steelandcanvas

why do I want to hang my self? The constent Posts about I wanting this and I going to do that and I never even changed my own oil but want a 14K pound truck and going to do a $13K bob/swap/ 100 inch tres are sucking my will to live.

If everyone who posted the I wanna do this posts would do it there would be 10000000's of cummins powered with AC and lockers, radios, heated seats, ice makers, soft serve ice cream, hot dog stand deuces driving all over the USA.
:funny:rofl

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
But look at the bright side, it made me go out and drown my frustration by buying a tank. I would look at the good side.

I'm beginning to find it quite humorous.

steelandcanvas

From another thread, I posted:
What's going on with these threads lately? Are we being set up for someone's amusement? Seems as though these Guys are coming out of woodwork with "not very well thought out" purchases and modifications.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Carnac has one!!

Well...CARNAC has one! Why can't the rest of us dream??:drool::drool:

jones20992

I am wondering why you used a question mark on the last comment, but no punctuation on any of the other sentences(or capitalization).

Why did you choose an M35 series truck?
I am sure if many if the things that need to be done but am unsure about tires.
i know that many of the tires that are commonly used on the deuce (ie. xzl's etc) are not rated for highway speeds and and others i have looked at that are tall enough to look right like a interco IROK are not rated for the weight of the deuce.
i am not sure how much a bobbed deuce weighs but i know that a stock one is about 13.5k.
the Irok's are only rated for 4.5 a piece so that leaves me o most no room for loads.
so in short the others are somewhat agreed upon by the many post i have read here the tire situation is one of the biggest things i am still unsure what to do about.
the fact that i do not use much punctuation or proper grammar is mostly due to the fact that i have a learning disability in written language.
i will do my best to not seem so uneducated here as i see it offends some on these forums

the reason i have chosen to look in to the m35 series is mostly due to its looks and the fact that it might be close to being roughneck tough.
my 3500 HD is just falling apart and i am tired of pouring so much money in to a truck that just ends up looking just like every other roughnecks truck in the oil patch

emr

"what do I do for tires?" LOL:shock:auarofl sure glad he did not forget the most important question to ask.... GEE westech I thought those 100 inch tires were supposed to be a secret :) well I think the only thing he missed was can I do this for 3000 dollors .... :) AND yet he says...." I heard the brakes suck on these for high speeds " after re reading this post, I think it may deserve some kind of award, The more I read it the funnier it gets..... :)

Last edited:

paradeduty

I think the whole "ice cream and hot dog stand" deuce might be a classified military prototype situation - SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

They may have just let it slip out!

Hmmm - as to the 100" tires -- it is the easy way to go amphibious!!

Let me see, want 100" tires (of course they must fit on stock 900/20 rims - there's a beadlock I want to see - from a distance) for the looks - but must have lockout hubs to save fuel and wear and tear. Hmmmmmmm........

Maybe these comments belong in the "design your most awesome MV thread".

Myopic

Irocs say LT on the sidewall. They are for Superduty mall crawlers. You need a medium truck tire- it's a medium truck. Before you buy a duece, pay a truck shop to make you out a parts list of what you will need, to build what you want, and have it be safe to drive. Find out what it will cost you. Then build it in your spare time. Or In the off season.