• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos of my truck

riderdan

Again, thanks for all the help. I meant to post these last week, but got distracted by fan belts, lights, etc.

humvee-home1.jpg

humvee-home2.jpg

humvee-home3.jpg

My 75-year-old parents were visiting yesterday, and of course had to have a ride. My dad, a former RTO, talked fondly of his days driving a MUTT. When it was my mom's turn, we decided to turn down this road. It had just rained and we came within about an inch of getting stuck... the ground was so soft that there was just no traction. But a little patient rocking and we made it out (after about 10 minutes of sliding around). She couldn't stop talking about how fun it was to almost get stuck :)

humvee-mud.jpg

Some farmer will be unhappy with me. At least the field wan't planted yet, and I just rutted up a very corner of it. Can you tell I live in pancake-flat Kansas?

02smokemaker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a clean truck!!
She would have been singing a different tune if she had to get out in that mud! Lol

riderdan

That's a clean truck!!
She would have been singing a different tune if she had to get out in that mud! Lol
That's what I was thinking! It was Saturday morning, and I was in shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes. I wasn't looking forward to stepping into twelve-inch deep mud. And she had on white pants and sandals, so it would definitely have been an adventure. Plus, who can I call on Saturday morning who's going to be able to pull a 5500 lb Humvee out of foot-deep mud without getting stuck themselves? I was happy when it didn't end badly.

Mario

I got myself stuck last week.
I've been on a self recovery hunt since.
Getting chains, ropes, shackles and figuring out a way to mount my new 12,000 LBS winch.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks