• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos Of XM211 Excavator

I estimated the cost to get the average GMC fully mechanically sound again to be around $3000 easy and not counting cosmetics. These trucks are just simply getting old and in the next few years I think parts will be nearing CCKW status as far as availability. But, for every year they age I love them even more. Like I always say, if we wanted it easy we would have bought honda's!

I gotta ask, you said it weighs around 44,000lbs? Are you able to keep her in high range off road or on slight grades or does the 302 beg for low range with that much weight? I know Tom at Alfa has a crane conversion (not an Army job) and he said at 40,000lbs his maxes out at 40mph or so.

Well, we weighed her two years ago when we moved her on the low boy. Weight came in at 44,900 . Unless I am going down hill with a strong tail wind top speed on the flat is 45 MPH. Up hill 5 to 20, Unless I am going down hill or on a smooth flat I never get to use high range. This truck had some serious modifications, extra springs, double frame, and a two inch tail plate that supports the outriggers, this truck is heavy. I would say you are on the money with the cost, plus I need the transmission rebuilt. Its getting bad.

I will most likely dump 7 to 10K in its restoration. I want it to look like its ready to take on major work again. Now its running but tired, it has the wrong engine on the deck, leaks, and the machine instruments are messed up. I just had all new glass put in it two months ago, just to keep it weather tight. I have a half of a garage bay full of boxed parts for it and the other 211, even a fording kit and a GRC9 radio with all the vehicle mounts for a 211.

Lots of projects, so little time.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a half of a garage bay full of boxed parts for it and the other 211, even a fording kit

Sure would appreciate pics of the fording kit. I would be very appreciative of any info you would share. I want one really bad! When I find one to buy or copy, I will definitely try it out and post the video. I have a gravel bottom boat ramp all picked out on a clear lake. I think I started a thread a while back.

pwrwagonfire

This is a really cool thread, I'm glad it was resurrected! Looking forward to seeing your progress, best of luck to you!

I agree with what others have said here...you need an M-215 to go with it! :)

She can did about 11 feet down from the back . She is faster than my Kubota, but harder to run, its the old 4 stick setup with the two foot pedals. You really get confused going from a moderrn machine to this one.

I have just joined another website thats for classic machinery and THey have a similar set up. The excavator looks the same.

That has to be from the same program, its on an old ww2 style truck, what website is that on ? It must be the other one. I know the other M211 truck was destroyed so that has to be on of the other trucks they built.

jaxsof

Overlord, That is really, truely an amazing save. Best wishes on your reconstruction! Hope to see it in person, any condition, sometime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks