• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos Of XM211 Excavator

See Xm211 excavator

Overlord, That is really, truely an amazing save. Best wishes on your reconstruction! Hope to see it in person, any condition, sometime.

If anyone is going to the Tobyhanna Depo show, I am just 8 miles away. Right down 611. I would bring it to the show, but I have to rebuild the transmission first. Its slipping bad.

XJ01-08

There is one of these for sale about an hour away from my house on craigslist but they say the engine's seized and its a Multifuel, I thought these were gas?
I'm pretty tempted to buy it but between my M185 and my jeeps I have too much work right now and my parents would kill me if I showed up at their house with another deuce to store on their property.
It'd be wasted on me anyway since I have access to my dad's backhoe anytime I need it.

Last edited:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is going to the Tobyhanna Depo show, I am just 8 miles away. Right down 611. I would bring it to the show, but I have to rebuild the transmission first. Its slipping bad.
Man I wish I saw this before. We were up there and it would have been great to see that beast in person. I would have stopped by.

steelypip

I've always sort of jonesed for an XM-211 of some kind, but I have to say that the excavator is about the coolest thing I've ever seen on the family tree. Good on you for saving it, especially given that it's probably the last one in the world. You could park it beside CGarbee's XM-708 as part of a 'orphan early M series construction equipment' display.

Ghost115

It's nice to know there are more of these style trucks out there! Mine is an m211 1954 GMC with a 1960s? Hy hoe 380 both run great and work well. Anyone have anymore information about them?

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ghost115's reminds me of the Gradall trucks Norfolk Southern RR uses for right of way maintenance.
They are really neat.
City of Charlotte (NC) has 6 or 7 of them that are mostly used on Stormwater Improvement projects

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks