• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic of My CUCV in Desert Storm

soule64

I was going through some old pictures from Desert Storm, and I noticed my old truck in the background. Good truck, never left me stranded. I am the dumba$$ in the middle - no helmet and left my rifle on the tracks. Hope the truck found a good home.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how much did it cost you to find a new home for your M16?

What's the story on the T55/62?

soule64

So how much did it cost you to find a new home for your M16?

What's the story on the T55/62?
Ha! I meant the truck finding a good home!

The T-55 met one of our VII Corp M1's and was hit with a sabot round. You can see the entrance by my right foot. The picture I have attached is of the back side of the same tank. Wasn't much left of the guys inside...

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! I meant the truck finding a good home!

The T-55 met one of our VII Corp M1's and was hit with a sabot round. You can see the entrance by my right foot. The picture I have attached is of the back side of the same tank. Wasn't much left of the guys inside...

Ah, okay. Nice photos. That crew should have called in sick and gone fishing that day.

Post more Desert Storm photos if you have them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
What unit were you with?

Guess I need to drag out some of my photos and start posting them. I had an Apache unleash a Hellfire when it was hovering near my truck.

Actually the one the made me pucker was the first night of the air war. Pat battery on the other side of the 4 lane about a mile from us. I said, I'm gonna snap a picture of them firing. That missile went off and I thought we'd been hit. Scared the $*#% out of me. I got the picture though and was immediately ahole and elbows.

Sergeant1983

I bought a M1009 that was like the one in our unit during Desert Storm. We had a M1008 too. Most of the CUCVs in Desert Storm were woodland cammo with a mix of desert mud slurry applied with a broom. So I elected to just redo the original cammo to keep it period correct. Plus I use it for hunting and static displays.
Carnac...would like to see that photo if you dig it out. I was doing laundry during Desert Shield when a hellfire went off by accident taking out the USAF ASP. Scared the crap out of me and the others. There were multiple secondary explosions and then a big mushroom cloud like a mini nuke, when the final large explosion took place.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a few CUCV pictures while looking for pictures of my service vehicle, the C-141B Starlifter.

Man this website is choking my work computer...bad. Trying again....

C-141B_Starlifter.jpg768px-Challenger_crew_hearses.jpg980622-F-2171A-018.jpg

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac - PLEASE post some of your archive! I love looking at Desert Storm pictures!! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks