• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic of my m1009!

SPCWarning

Nice!

That is one good looking 1009! That's how I want my paint to turn out. (my avatar has a pic of mine with my "temporary" paint job on it.) Two [thumbzup][thumbzup] on the rack and lights! Thanks for sharing.
Jimmy

rikkitikkitavi

That is one good looking 1009! That's how I want my paint to turn out. (my avatar has a pic of mine with my "temporary" paint job on it.) Two [thumbzup][thumbzup] on the rack and lights! Thanks for sharing.
Jimmy

Paint on the truck is temporary until I can CARC it, its Krylon! The rack is our 2nd prototype, we expect to be in full production and shipping racks in 90days!

Rikki

762luver

I'm looking for a rack like that as well, but I don't want to mount it to the antenna mounts unless they aer still usable. A few guys were using an angle along the bed rail to do this and to carry more weight. Any idea if going that path?

K9Vic

Nice looking truck, can you post s few more pics of the sides and rear.

I like the roof rack (Have one on my M1009), it really gives these trucks a more urban assault vehicle look for when the Zombies come attacking.

rikkitikkitavi

Ok here is the deal on the rack system, I am currently testing the 2nd prototype, we have already set in place changes from this testing. I will contact the owners of this site when we are ready to advertise it for sale and work out something with them for a banner ad etc.

The units are being built by our partner who is a Military contractor specializing in up armor kits. They are an ISO9000 shop.

THe final product will be round tube, powdercoat or carc (u choose) and will be 2" deeper. We also have options for a ladder that goes from tailgate to rack, spare carrier and Jerrycan brackets to name a few.

The reason we did not go over the lip of the bed is it would be impossible to mount your top back on without SERIOUS cutting and fiberglass work. This unit DOES NOT require drilling your top, and longer bolts allow remounting the mil antenna brackets over the rack mounts, there are also two NMO antenna mounts on the rack in addition to six (4 front and 2 rear) lighting mounts. They should fit any 83-92 Chevy full size including suburban.

We are weight testing this weekend but initial calculations are 300lbs capacity. My greatest fear with it is catching a tree limb!

My truck is featured at www.opensourcesurvival.com you can see an pic there.

Rikki

Attachments

Last edited:

rikkitikkitavi

let me know about the "tree limb" issue....are you talking about large tree limbs or normal stuff

Vinny

Vinny,

Not worried about tree branches... big limbs! Of course thats an issue with anything roof mounted.

Tire Bracket and Jerrycan carriers should be attached for review next week.

Rikki

joediveguy

Very nice! Very similar to the one I want to build over mine. I will be watching for your load test. 300 seem’s too low for me. I would like to see numbers in the 500 to 700 range. I like the ladder idea and had the same thought, only mounted on the side and incorporated into the rear legs hugging the side. Drop the tailgate, climb on and up the ladder on the side. I had also thought about being able to mount the rear seat on top, part for an elevated hunting position, zombie killing platform, or just for the kids to sit on at the drive in. Nice design in any case. Keep us posted [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks