• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic of stone guard mount on winch trucks...

DanMartin

Guys,

Can I get someone to shoot me a quick snapshot of the lower stone guard mount on a winch truck? This is the lower part with the slot that the stone guard fits in (not the upper mount that pokes out next to the radiator).

I think I may be missing a part (or a spacer) on my winch install, and I need a visual reference for how it's "supposed to be". This is the little slotted bracked with a bend and the two holes for the large through-bolts (on a non-winch truck, these mounted under the front loop-hook anchors).

Even a camera-phone shot is fine...just want to get this right when it all goes back together.

Thanks in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pics here at work but there is a large shim type washer needed for the install.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not supposed to be... :)

Check the -24P.. There are 2 stone guard kits.. One for W/W and one for WO/W... The W/W kit DOESNT have the bottom part your asking about...

DanMartin

emmado22 said:
The W/W kit DOESNT have the bottom part your asking about...
Yes, I know about that part...the bottom little screen. I'm talking about the whole big thing...the "hinge" mounts at the bottom of the entire stone guard, not just the bottom.

I think he's right...I need a 1/4" spacer (washers will do) to make it all work. The hinge piece does not mount under the upper winch plate...it has to mount over it, but only one hole is used, the other needs a spaced to keep it level.

I just wanted to see how the factory mounted it before I made the spacer leap. :)

m35a2cowner

Grill

I put a winch on my 35 and the stone guard will fit on the grill just move the lower section to the back side of the grill. I think I had to buy a couple of 1/4 inch bolts but nothing fancy. If you want a better picture I can take another.

Attachments

DanMartin

RE: Grill

Yes, that's how I'm mounting the lower stone guard...

What I'm trying to say the lower (on the frame rail) mount for the entire grill...right behind the winch. Is there a spacer between the bracket and the frame on the rear (facing front of truck) bolt hole?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the pic.
It’s just like Kenny said: a thick washer will do! Or two thin ones… and call it spacer if you want... :)
Thickness obviously should be the same as winch mounting bracket material: stamped brackets are 5/32", welded I think are 3/16".

G.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I admit, when I read the first post I was confused for a minute when you referred to the grill as a stone guard but figured it out after reading it a few times. Thanks for saving me the ride to the trucks this morninr Gerhard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks