• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pick it up or you've abandoned it!!!

GoldComet6

So I won the M1009 auction on Dec 9th, submitted EUC on Dec 15th. I got an email today saying I have to calll the GL rep at Fort Gordon & pick it up by Jan 3rd, or they'll consider me to have abandoned it!! Huh??

I sent them an email today and left the GL rep a voice message for more info. I have only begun to get shipping quotes and would hate to have to try to plan a pick up that soon.

Haven't heard a word about the EUC via email and it doesn't come up when I log in. Looked at the GL listing for it and I don't see where it says an EUC is required. :???:

So did I buy a truck that they classified as not requiring an EUC? It couldn't have been accepted and approved that fast could it?? Without any notification??

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Yep. You have 10 business days from the time you get your notification to pick up your item. The GL rep may cut you some slack at his descression. You may be able to find someone here on SS who could help you out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post your lot and event numbers. I'll look to see if it was an euc item.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked at the aution listing, there was no mention of EUC. Time to scramble! It did say it was driven to the lot.

GoldComet6

yup DH is correct.. that was a NON EUC auction you had 10 days at time of invoice... I bet if you look you have a paid in full invoice for that blazer.
Yep - I do. Saw it posted, but kept thinking the EUC had to clear first. My mistake...
Doh!aua

I meant to call them last week to discuss picking it up. I don't know if I can get off work, so I'll look into other options.

Thanks!

Alredneck

Banned
Ferro isnt terribly far from FT Gordon, PM him! Make sure he has a buddy to drive it off post for him so we dont have a repeat of FT Jackson!:shock:

Clintos in Atlanta area which is about 4hrs or so, he might be able to help or know someone closer!

Heavy is a transporter around the GA area pm him. Also PCtrans runs the Eastern seaboard so a PM might be good also!

GoldComet6

Ferro isnt terribly far from FT Gordon, PM him! Make sure he has a buddy to drive it off post for him so we dont have a repeat of FT Jackson!:shock:

Clintos in Atlanta area which is about 4hrs or so, he might be able to help or know someone closer!

Heavy is a transporter around the GA area pm him. Also PCtrans runs the Eastern seaboard so a PM might be good also!
Thanks!

I'd much rather pay a member for their time and trouble, rather than a company that doesn't know or care about MVs. Just hate I made the mistake in the first place....

papercu

Somebody screwed up on the code, don't be surprised when they ask you to fill one out later. Wayne
End Item Code: End Item Text:
APZ NONTACTICAL WHEELED VEHICLES

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
GC6, PM me if assistance is required. :D

We have to get you in this 1009 so that you will realize how much you need an M35 rofl

GoldComet6

Somebody screwed up on the code, don't be surprised when they ask you to fill one out later. Wayne
End Item Code: End Item Text:
APZ NONTACTICAL WHEELED VEHICLES
That's what I think....and why it never occured to me that it wasn't needed.

I have looked at so many posts where everyone is waiting for EUC clearance...and now I don't have to wait at all. As a matter of fact I'm late!! I was expecting later in Feb or March for a pickup.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help you out either. Got out of the transport business (commercially) last month. Still debating whether to continue on a private basis. :-(

3dAngus

Wish it was Robins. I would just drive it to my house and hold it for you. Augusta is about 2 1/2 hours away and I don't have a vehicle to tow it with. Sorry, but good luck with it. Hope you save it!

Oh, and some of those transporters are horribly expensive. I got a quote from out of Ft. Polk for a shipment which would have been a 4X4 box. Came out at $1350 or so. I would have done the same job for about $500 (pack and ship). Turns out, in their defense, they have to drive about two hours or so just to get there and look at it, so be careful who you deal with, and make sure they are local so you don't add up unnecessary expenses.

GoldComet6

Wish it was Robins. I would just drive it to my house and hold it for you. Augusta is about 2 1/2 hours away and I don't have a vehicle to tow it with. Sorry, but good luck with it. Hope you save it!

Oh, and some of those transporters are horribly expensive. I got a quote from out of Ft. Polk for a shipment which would have been a 4X4 box. Came out at $1350 or so. I would have done the same job for about $500 (pack and ship). Turns out, in their defense, they have to drive about two hours or so just to get there and look at it, so be careful who you deal with, and make sure they are local so you don't add up unnecessary expenses.
Thanks anyway!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks