• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pick it up or you've abandoned it!!!

L999here

...suggestion...

Might want to use a local towing service. Usually they are very familiar with the local DRMO people,have done it numerous times and have a secure area to hold your vehicle until you can arrange a pick-up. All you need to do is fax them your PD approval sheet and then arrange for a time to pick-up. Makes that time 'window' a bit larger to arrange your trip.

Cigarjoe

Might want to use a local towing service. Usually they are very familiar with the local DRMO people,have done it numerous times and have a secure area to hold your vehicle until you can arrange a pick-up. All you need to do is fax them your PD approval sheet and then arrange for a time to pick-up. Makes that time 'window' a bit larger to arrange your trip.

That is what I was going to say. I have done this also. There will be some storage fees but that's better than the alternative. Call the GL guys down there they will probably have the name and number of a towing company that comes in there to do this.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro isnt terribly far from FT Gordon, PM him! Make sure he has a buddy to drive it off post for him so we dont have a repeat of FT Jackson!
Everytime I think it's buried, it gets drug up again.

I've PMed him back, and offered to go get it monday and take it to his house. No sense in me towing it back to SC just so he has to come farther later to get it.

GoldComet6

Everytime I think it's buried, it gets drug up again.

I've PMed him back, and offered to go get it monday and take it to his house. No sense in me towing it back to SC just so he has to come farther later to get it.
I will galdly accept your generous offer to help me out!! Thanks ferro!!! I'll call you later today.

rwbrown72

Looks like Ferro is in for a really nice dinner "On the House!". It is nice to have friends that can help. All of mine want to do is "Supervise". Congrats and good luck. [thumbzup]

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro isnt terribly far from FT Gordon, PM him! Make sure he has a buddy to drive it off post for him so we dont have a repeat of FT Jackson!:shock:

Clintos in Atlanta area which is about 4hrs or so, he might be able to help or know someone closer!

Heavy is a transporter around the GA area pm him. Also PCtrans runs the Eastern seaboard so a PM might be good also!

Okay, for my edification, as well as many others....... what happened at Ft. Jackson?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I understand the story, it was your classic round peg, square hole situation.

The MV was the round peg, and it created a square hole in the building...

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I understand the story, it was your classic round peg, square hole situation.

The MV was the round peg, and it created a square hole in the building...
Wait, does this have something to do with his avitar?

GoldComet6

Spoke with the GL rep earlier today, and he told me they are in the process of changing their EUC policy. In the future CUCVs will no longer require an EUC. He stated mine was one of the first they have sold that way at FT Gordon.

Well, it's what he said. We'll see.........

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sigh.... My story is a reminder to CHECK EVERYTHING THROUGHLY BEFORE MOVING YOUR NEW TRUCK OR TRAILER!!!

I had a brake petal down in the yard, but when I went to rely on them to stop, it went to the floor. A warehouse happened to jump in front of me.

seabee mike

I have used uship.com many times to have a shipment delivered to me. You can get some great deals. I just won mine but they wanted a ECU.

ABN173

Sigh.... My story is a reminder to CHECK EVERYTHING THROUGHLY BEFORE MOVING YOUR NEW TRUCK OR TRAILER!!!

I had a brake petal down in the yard, but when I went to rely on them to stop, it went to the floor. A warehouse happened to jump in front of me.
I'm sure that was only the beginning of the story, tell us the rest Ferro!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks