• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a 5 ton 2 weeks ago.

Timberwolf

Thats me Being very excited the night i picked it up.... at least till the wife saw it for the 1st time.

but hey... i even got to sleep in the bed with her the 1st night, so she must not have been TOO mad.

She still isnt super Keen on it... but doesnt mind it.

its a 77 USMC M813.
In Awesome shape except for the hood, fuel tank, and the front bumper.
Drives great except for the left front tire being out of round, but i still have 2 spares, im gonna put one of them on the front.

Probably have put 150 miles on it already, just be-bopin around town givin my buddys rides and stuff.

Im Tickled pink with it. Just thought i would share. 8)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: that's cool!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd bet money that used to belong to Bruce Kubu. He had that at Aberdeen '05 for a day. Nice ISO bed, and detroits. Nice truck. Glad you have to throw stuff in the back. I'm 5'7" and standing straight, my eyes are at bed level. I remember looking in the bed under the closed tailgate at Aberdeen.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce is on the site. When he see's the pics, I think he'll advse. Its a very nice truck though.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Timerbwolf,
Yes, that was my truck (good eye, Kenny!). I think you'll be very happy with it. Christian is a good friend and he bought the truck from me recently. Basically, he told me months ago that he wanted...then fell on some hard times...and said he wanted to keep his word to but it (what a friend!). He sold it to you for what I sold it to him. Good luck!

Bruce

Olney, MD
------

1991 M149A2
1989 M932A2
1989 M925A2
1989 M101A2
1988 M977
1988 M105A2
1987 M1045
1987 M105A2
1985 M1009 (3) -- one for sale shortly
1970 M149A2
1964 M129C
1963 M332 (3)

Timberwolf

Thats a Heck of a Laundry List in your Sig there Bruce.
Christian was very helpful, and a very nice guy to meet. Meeting up with him tonight to swap out the mirriors on the truck.
Being so close, maybe we''ll meet up sometime in the future. I would sure like to come check out the stable sometime.

-A.J.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks