• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a Deuce today

nmwildman013

Last week I went up to Northern New Mexico and put a deposit on a Deuce a guy had on the net. After watching two trucks close for twice what I was willing to pay on GL I felt fortunate to pay $2900 for this one. So I got up early and my bud and I went up this morning and I drove it back. We inspected and prepped it and got it out on the pavement where I could check the driveline. All looked good so we hit the road. 120 miles later we got her parked and put to bed. Perfect run with no issues. Got a few things to fix but nothing at all serious. I am sure this is a truck I bid on a couple years ago. It's a M109 with a M35 bed on it now. It's titled as a 1970 AMG M109 and it was TEAD reworked in 1993. Looks like it was bought as a M109 (on data plate) and the hard top and box were removed and a soft top and M35 bed installed then the truck was sold to the guy I bought it from. This sucker runs great and was doing about 55 MPH + at 2400/2500rpm on the trip. Hardly used any fuel. We topped her off before leaving and it was still almost full when we got home two hours later. Pretty hilly in some spots since it was in the mountains but it pulled the hills really good and my follower said it hardly smoked. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow of mine and of the M35A2 w/w we picked up for my bud locally yesterday. Didn't have my camera with me today.

nmwildman013

My lovin wife pointed out that most of the time I would have been going downhill since the truck was up in the mountains. I totally didn't snap to that. Duh! This is my second MV at the moment but my 6th 2 1/2 ton truck. My friends keep talking me out of them. I'm going to try to keep this one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks