• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a M1008

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck.... I have the same issue on my 1009, is it a common one?
Looked at the electrical schematic and saw that the GEN 1 light and the heater share a fuse. GEN 1 light did not come on with the key.
Checked the heater fuse and found that it had blown.
Replaced fuse and the GEN 1 light acted normal. Then it blew again when I turned the fan on.
Replaced fuse, turned key to on, GEN 1 light came on, turned fan on low, not spinning, medium and high fan speed and the GEN 1 light dimmed. So it appears that the heater fan is locked up. Draws excessive current and is not spinning...

The vent window on the drivers side is whistling, solved that by stuffing a rag between it and the dash pad!

Last edited:

cucvrus

Check the pigtail at the fan switch. It may be a melted mess. Mice and Squirrells need a place to live. Coexist. Normally they only shelter in vehicles that sit around and are not driven very often. I have my barn Cat to keep the vermin under control. Smokey does a great job and is rewarded for his efforts. Good Luck. Nice original paint and patina.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked at the electrical schematic and saw that the GEN 1 light and the heater share a fuse. GEN 1 light did not come on with the key.
Checked the heater fuse and found that it had blown.
Replaced fuse and the GEN 1 light acted normal. Then it blew again when I turned the fan on.
Replaced fuse, turned key to on, GEN 1 light came on, turned fan on low, not spinning, medium and high fan speed and the GEN 1 light dimmed. So it appears that the heater fan is locked up. Draws excessive current and is not spinning...

The vent window on the drivers side is whistling, solved that by stuffing a rag between it and the dash pad!
I would bet there is a critters nest in the heater squirrel cage. I had that happen to my 1009. Take the damper cover off the passenger's side air duct and reach up to the fan squirrel cage to check it.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're a ride might come up with a name for the Truck, I'm sure you've done a static walk around as to not have something eject and cause more of a issue.

Have a great day

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still need to come up with a name for this truck..
Nice find! They're getting super rare nowadays....

I never understood the idea that something with a name needs another name. For example, if you get a dog, it already comes with a name, "dog". Same for your cat, bird, or hedgehog.

Your ought-eight already has a name, it doen't need another. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks