• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up an A3 in MD to NC today-

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
My wife and I and our two youngest made the trip for Eastern NC to Maryland today to pick up the new M35A3 from Kevin/decodeme2. Went just fine, Kevin helped PMCS the truck for the trip home. No real news but the tach did go out about a hour down the road so I made it home without one. Anyone have a line on a new one for an A3?

Ill have it looking 100% new again i na few weeks, heres the pictures from today. -Jay

Attachments

markmontana

Nice- truck and adventure. What was the distance of your trip back with the A3, and how was it on the highway?

I have a long trip coming up in an A3 and your details will be interesting. Thanks

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck! Told my wife I would get her one those since she doesnt drive stick.8)
Best of luck with it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea- I'll tell my wife the A3 is for her- for mothers day
;-)

Hmmm, interesting idea. I like it!!

;-)

steve

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Boring, yes sir. Thanks for the ebay tip, I found an entire gauge panel for a A3 for 120. I will keep up the hunt.

It was about a 280 mile jog in the A3. It ran like a top and like a truck with 7K miles. It runs great on the highway , I didnt push it.
Whats the top speed you guys are getting from your A3's and at what RPM? I am going to put the beads in the tires to help balance them. I am blown away with how easy they are to inspect and maintain.
It should be a fun trip for you. Bring ear muffs and an Ipod..

Heres a shot from today at the Military Appreciation day at Harley in Smithfeild NC. Already showing her off 8) - Jay

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

March 20th, 2010.

Jay:

Does the A3 use a mechanically driven tach off the camshaft? If so, all you may need is the cable, not the tach itself, as they rarely act up (at least on A2's they rarely do). Remember to lube the tach cable before you install it.... You're getting to be the man on M35 trucks, when are you going to add a wrecker to the fleet....???;)

Give my regards to the family & I've glad the trip was uneventful.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Kyle, The tach was going ok... for a bit. It was running high on the RPM's when I got the truck and for a while then went out completely. So I could have been running high RPMs or it was going bad before it went out. Ill check the cable first, tomorrow. I had a cable go bad on the M813A1 on the speedo once and did that dance.
Ill tell katie and the kids you said hi , Take care. Jay

Skycop

Another -A3 driver! Woo-hoo! I love our A3, especially when cruising down the highway now that we have most of the bugs worked out. Gonna post pics as soon as we get the lights on it ;)

Congrats!

rwonsala

The tach is electric with a magnetic pick-up, there is no cable! The truck will run 50mph at around 2900 rpm. I have (2) A3's and both are the same. If the pick up is bad they are avalible for around 250.00. If you need help PM me and i will give you my number.:)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Thanks for the tech tip. Ill have to try to check it out. It worked fine, then went to 2K rpm at 50mph then completely out. Is 2900 RPM real bad on the Cat? Talk to you soon , Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks