• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up an M101A2 today. First purchase.

Well I've been looking around for awhile for a excellent condition M101A2 or A3 3/4 ton trailer to use to haul stuff and use to sleep in when going on offroad trips to Rausch Creek, PA and other places. I LOVE military surplus and got a good deal on this one. First military vehicle/trailer I've bought.

Got this one today, M101A2, 1993 model, US Army trailer. Excellent shape, no rust anywhere, new 285/75/16 or 16.5(have to check) tires, the wider M101A3 axle that is HMMWV beadlock friendly(picking up a set of those at another time with the 37s), metal side rails, and an excellent shape canvas top. Oh and it has surge brakes. This thing tows great behind the JK Wrangler. VERY stable, I couldn't even induce sway so it's very safe. The height is great for a JK Wrangler Unlimited lifted 3" to 4" on 35s or 37s. Pretty much level with the trailer pintle hitch. Lots of room in the back. This is the only pic I have. Just got home and it's dark and just finished raining. I'll get some interior pics and some better exterior pics as well tomorrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be a handy trailer. My -A3 is my go to trailer for sure! Welcome to Steel Soldiers.

Got 12v bulbs installed and am finishing up soldering up the harness to go from my 4 pin plug on the Jeep JK to the junction box. My Dad works for Army Logistics and can get me a few cans of carc paint and any instock parts still used by the Army today. Gonna repaint the tub and pull the front bolts, dump the bed back, and touch up the frame and springs since they look good right now.

Well just finished with the lights. It was super EASY! If you pull the cover off the junction box and unplug the military vehicle trailer plug from the small connectors on the inboard side of the frame rail, the forward row of 3 connectors is for the black out lights. The aft row of 3 connectors is the standard lights. 24-460 and -461 are the LH turn/stop, RH turn/stop, and 21 is the running lights. Ground is on the frame rail. Works like a charm! All for about $9. BTW I snipped the ends off the military trailer plug and soldered those to the end of my 4-pin harness so the harness plugs right into the connectors on the frame rail.