• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my Deuce today

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Picked up my Deuce today from SETOYOTA. I can't say enough good things about Chuck! Not only was he very accommodating during all our dealings, he filled the deuce up, gave me a manual for it, and even loaned me his budd socket! (I've got one on order, but it'll be next week before it gets here)

I started out this morning from home with my Father and his Girlfriend at about 5:30am. Since I've never driven a deuce that far, I wanted a "support vehicle". It was probably overkill with all that I brought. (Full toolbox, air hose, glad hand hose, impact, chains, fluids, jacks, exc.) But with my luck, had I not brought any of that I'd have been on the side of the road. aua

Anyhow, I'll share the pics Chuck sent me first.

I also checked out some of his other nice MVs! I forgot to get a pic of his immaculate hummer DOH! aua

After letting the deuce warm up and scraping off the sticker on the windshield we were ready to roll.

A short drive and I'm out to I-75 for a long slow ride home. :mrgreen:

The trip was pretty uneventful, but I was grinning most of the way. My ears are still ringing though. LOL For the most part, I cruised at 50mph since it seemed happy there. I did wind it out to 56 a time or two...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxJlxqwWyk[/media]Finally made it to my exit!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to take care of the paint on the hood. I'm loving the deuce!

Last edited:

davey8943

PATRACY,

Congratulations on such a good looking truck! Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics.

I haven't had the guts to run the-55-mph-top-speed-deuce on a divided highway yet... :shock: How far did you back up traffic? :lol:

In any case, I don't think the turbo fully cooled down in the first month I had my truck; I drove it all over town. :driver: I'm sure you will be too!

Welcome to SS, and good luck!
Dave

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The only time I really screwed up traffic was trying to get off I-285 to I-20 west. The off-ramp is on the far left lane. But amazingly people allowed me over. (I've driven through there a many of times in my 2500 dodge pulling a trailer, and it's a battle.) People seemed to be "nice" to me while I was driving it. I got to "honk" for a car full of kids. That put a smile on all our faces. :)

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad your happy. She is a good ole girl. Thanks for the compliments on my stuff too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad you didn't get it 10 days ago. You could have brought it to the rally and got very intimate with it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's the tires I picked up yesterday. Got a great deal on them, and can put you in touch with John if anyone is looking for them. (He can get various sizes and styles as well)

Flyingvan911

Congradulations. They are fun to drive. I find that most people will drive around the deuce with patients because they respect the military part of it or they are just scared because it is so huge.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man I didn't realize it'd be this difficult to get insurance.

1. Progressive - Won't touch it, even the commercial side wouldn't. (Anyhow I didn't want to give George Soros any more money!)
2. Geico - Still waiting on them to call me back! And I use them for my personal auto.
3. USAA - Won't touch it.
4. Hagarty - I don't have a building to store it in, and I'm not getting warm and fuzzies with them.
5. Gulfway - Got a quote for $218 a year for 300K CSL, but I'm wondering about how much I can "use" the deuce.
6. JC Taylor - Didn't persue any further when I read the terms
7. Farm Bureau - Haven't heard back from them (have homeowners with them)
8. State Farm - waiting on a call back.

Silverback

I insured all of mine through Farm Bureau, as a farm vehicle, think it is code 215 or 21.5, at any rate they figured it as a commercial style farm truck, liability only 50.00 every 6 months. Great sounding Deuce. Hope this helps, Dan.

PS, can you pm me on the tires you bought? TIA. Dan.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got it insured today. $237 for liability. I used state farm. I was going to use gulfway, but their answers to my questions about driving it made me question if I would be insured.

Now I've got a flat to deal with before I get to drive it tomorrow. aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks