• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my M101A2

OutsideFamily

I picked up my first MV purchase yesterday... an M101A2 from wright-pat. The GL rep Andrew was very helpful even though he was quite busy at lunchtime. The trailer pulls great, I really like this thing. One note, for winter recoveries, make sure to remove the ice from on top of the cargo cover! There were a couple 100-ish lb chunks up there that would have been bad if they fell off while driving.

I started the 12v conversion after I got home, and found LEDs for the blackouts, only on one side though. Are these common finds now?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will absolutley love that trailer. Don't put too much effort into that 12V conversion. Sending you a PM.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last time the info was shared, a bunch of folks got all pi$$ed off. I can only tell you that the $30 LED lights are now down to $25. or submit offer. (Grote Military) You will have to figure the rest out on your own. I can't stand the whining sniveling crybabies!

hwcurtice

After looking at the PM link, the mounting looks to line up, but the connectors might be an issue.

The seller doesn't know if these will work with the m101a2 trailers. I asked...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will work. Wiring is the same except the addition of a ground wire which can be put on the light mount bolt. I have them on my M101A3 and M116A2 pioneer trailer.