• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my M105A2 trailer this last friday

92RT-TT

got my 1969 Johnson Corp M105A2 trailer home this friday. I maybe should have driven out to look at it before purchasing it lol.

If I fix it up I definitely have my work cut out for me if I want to use the box for a Bobber. 3 of the crossmembers on the underside have fairly bad rust on them and the side base piece that goes along the outside is pretty rusted out too. I did not go look at it because it was 3 hours away. I've cut roofs off old powerwagons before and welded on new roofs, rockers, floor pans, cab corners etc so this kind of work will be easy compared to that. Its just that I dont know if its worth me spending my time on it or if I should just part it out/scrap it and buy a better box for my bobber conversion.

Overall cost into it was 200 dollars. The frame has no rust, tire tread looks new but is weatherchecked :/. It towed down the road really well too. Spring packs look good. Would you guys spend the time fixing it or just scrap/part it out?

Attachments

Last edited:

dittle

If you're going to have to repaint it when you bob your deuce (gasp!!!!) to match colors you might just fix this one up and save yourself a second trip to GL.

92RT-TT

I'm thinking I may put this on the backburner for now. I only have 56 days until I leave for Basic and I've got lots of turbos to rebuild for clients before I go so I'll probably just let this sit and when I get back I'll see if there are any cheap rust free ones out there, if there are, I'll part this one, if not I'll just start fixing it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As cheap a good M105s go for, I wouldn't bother with this one. I believe I would just use this one for parts or use it as a trailer to pull behind your bobber. It still looks good enough to haul a load of wood or whatnot.