• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my new s-280b/g shelter.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 400 mile round trip to Ft. Dix to pick up the shelter was uneventful, luckily. The gate guards had a good laugh both ways through the gate. Now time to start making my ham shack.
Too bad there are 4 nice hmmwv's there awaiting their demise. It would be nice to get one but...Oh well.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda fits in there like a glove, don't it? What was the shelter's purpose? And it looks shrink wrapped in the pics, I suspect this is not the case?

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT, it was a an/tcc-73v1 telephone switch shelter. There is nothing left, its gutted. Like a glove is correct. That is actually terribly applied white paint, gonna be fun removing it. The sides are white and the roof green.
Hunderliggur, I have an s-250 also but it kills my back, because its to short to stand in. Plus it looks funny in the deuce. If your looking for a 250 let me know.

Hoefler

IMG_2343.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0806.jpgI have a similar unit from Craig Systems. Mine is perfect inside-smooth aluminum. She fits perfect in the back of my long A3. Due to bed length, I end up with a porch in the back. Bought some Dometic windows for mine and have layed out the interior but have not begun the build yet. Thinking this would make a great camper-slides out of truck when you want to use the bed for hauling. Not sure if I will do the build and keep or let her go.
Pete

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Pete I sure like the porch idea I have my 280 in a Deuce so the only porch I have is the tailgate. This Deuce is dedicated to the shelter ahuling position since my plans this summer are to make a camper out of it!
KK

Hoefler

The MK trailer has several pop up hook devices. The picture shows with them in the down position and no straps. However, small fixtures can be made to use the pop up to secure the corner rings on the shelter. I do believe these shelters are the best way to go for camper projects. They are easily removed and seem perfectly suited for Deuce. I have had mine in the back of my 5-ton-perfect-looked cool too.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks