• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked-up the M101A2 from Ft. Meade

Mad Dog 20/20

Hi folks. I'm new to this whole MV thing, and just kinda jumped in with the quickness.

I cut a good bit of wood at our family "homestead" up in Northern MD, and needed a good stout offroad-capable wood-hauler that could not only help me extract the wood from the forest, but also go the distance and deliver the wood to our home down in the DC area without issue.

Stumbled upon GL's site and this great site, and figured I'd have a go at a GL auction. A whole bunch of M101a2's were for sale out of Ft. Meade on 12/1 so I figured it was a good time to bid on one. Paid more than I had anticipated ($540), but think I got a pretty good one worthy of the premium. Ft. Mead is also super convenient to out location.

Its a '90 Kasel Mfr. Co. A2 with front and rear adjustable height landing gear, composite racks, bows and cover. Everything is in very good shape and fully functional. The original bar coded decals are still intact on the racks. The tires were full tread. Looks like the bearings/brakes were R&R'ed in 3/09. You could see the grease oozing from the trailer.

At the time of pick-up, I disabled the surge brakes w/ a 3/4" grade 8 bolt and had my DIY electrical adapter harness and chain extensions all ready to go, thanks to you guys. Swapped-in 12V bulbs (97 & 1156), as well. The ol' girl towed about 100 miles to our destination without issue. I later went for a test run w/ the surge brakes activated and am glad to report that they perform flawlessly.

Great site. Thanks for all your help!

Some pics:

Attachments

DieselBob

Nice looking trailer, congratulations on the smooth pickup. Nice Trooper, I have a 02 pretty stock except for 265/75-16's and a ARB bull bar on the front.

Mad Dog 20/20

Congrats. Looks like your research had you well prepared. A+ work.
Thanks.
Indeed. The GL guy at Ft. Meade assumed I was an old pro at picking one of these things up.

Nice looking trailer, congratulations on the smooth pickup. Nice Trooper, I have a 02 pretty stock except for 265/75-16's and a ARB bull bar on the front.
Thanks! The Troop is a '98 and just turned 200K miles. She still enjoys frequent flogging. Been a great vehicle/value. ARB Bull bars are so sweet. Been looking for a used one for years - never see 'em.

These are great trailers for hauling firewood...
Nice pics. Can't wait to put mine to use like that . . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks