• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up the new trailers at GL Barstow today..

Mike_Pop

Nice trailers. How much did they go for?

If you need any other trailers for your trucks, let me know. I have a a few different ones for sale at my home in Eureka, Nevada.

Thanks,

Mike Pop
The Trailer King (A nickname given to me by the Unimog community.)

Mike_Pop

Wow...good price for the west coast. I've bought them on the east for around $100 and still have trouble selling them. There are just too many of them around here.

Mike Pop
The Trailer King

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Mike Pop. It seems the only guys that want trailers are those bidding on GL! I remember when nice M105s sold for $700+ in private hands (heck, I bought one for that amount from Joe Young some years back). Not so anymore...not unless they have fresh paint and a nice cargo cover. Even then, you'd be hard-pressed to get that kind of money.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff is right...they are heavy, difficult to back up (although you can do it with practice) and really can't carry much. However, I have to admit...I like them. I love to look out and see a line of trailers sitting there in my mini-motorpool...although that's what they do most of them time...just sit there. I usually bring one to Aberdeen as a mobile tent. They are a cool, fairly cheap truck accessory, but, as I said, mine usually just sit 360 or so days out of the year. I spend more time each year maintaining them than using them.

Mike_Pop

Bruce,

I've found the M101 to be a much better all around trailer. It's lightweight and self dumps. I don't need a deuce to tow it either.

You have a lot of trailers. And I thought I had a lot!

1966 German winch trailer
1970 M105A2 Converted Unimog Radiobox Camper
1944 M5 Bomb trailer
1945 G518
1968 M101
1960 M117 semi trailer
1946 Bantam TC3
1960 3 ton tilt deck (Alaska Canadian Hwy)

On a side note, I just put 7500 miles on the Blazer during my cross country trip to Northwest Mogfest in Oregon. It ran perfectly except for both mufflers developed holes in them. A quick fix for under $100 in parts. I'm very happy with the truck. Many thanks for selling it! I'll be heading to Oregon again in October and I am sure it will do just fine on this trip.

Mike Pop

Mike_Pop

From what I've been told about backing up an M105 it's really simple:

If you can't see it in your mirrors, it's right behind you.

citizensoldier

Now come on guys!! I love my M105s.. I dont have any trouble backing mine up and I have a M109? I love the M101's too but a M105 is a very well built unit its just for a deuce or bigger.. With side racks and a cover they hold 5 face chord of wood, they are nice to sleep in, they do very well off road, and look sweet behind a deuce..
I fill one up with fire wood, back it up to the deck and have my nice dry wood just outside my door. :D
I cant buy or build a garden shed for under 800 bucks and then its a pain to move around. lol.. 2cents

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
CS makes a very good point…..my 105 is a great garden shed…keeps the lawnmower and boradcast spreader dry (underneath) and keep everything inside nice and dry and with a padlock on the tailgate, it makes it a bit harder for thieves to take something (harder, not impossible).

But, that being said, they stink to back up (with the Deuce) and need to be longer and mine has only left my property once since I bought it a year ago.

Mike_Pop

Speaking of M105 trailers...I am selling my converted M105A2 Camper. It is a Unimog radio box mounted on an M105 frame. It does real well off road because I kept the pivot system that Unimog uses. It weighs in at 6,000 lbs so you would need a deuce or bigger to pull it.

Anyone interested, send me a pm and I will send some more pics.

Mike Pop