• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up two M35A2 and a M109A3 from GL at Fort Indiantwon

THEROAD

One fired right up. The other needed a jump. Mike from GL was fantastic. He had a Deuce set up with the jumper plug. He ran up and down the rows firing up trucks that had weak batteries. One Deuce needed brake fluid and then each wheel bleed. Two brothers from Ohio, who were driving several Deuces back to Ohio, bleed our lines for a couple of bottles of water. Well they did the job they were nice and one is a real mechanic. I hope they get their Deuces back. We only had a trip of 35 miles. Those guys were going over 350 miles.
I don't know what Mike's last name is; but he was first rate. Very helpful and a great disposition. There was a bunch of guys loading Deuces on flat beds and others driving out the gate like us. Mike stayed cool.

ssgtwright-usmc

RE: Picked up two M35A2 and a M109A3 from GL at Fort Indiant

Hope you enjoy your new M109A3, I have been wanting one for the longest and hopefully one will come up near where I live.

hippiedude

Glad to hear everything went well and you met cool people........ I hve to go up there real soon to get my m1009 , how was that place to get in and out of ........Tim

THEROAD

No real security. All you do is call Mike and meet him at the gate. They allowed us to stage the three trucks in a big lot right at the guard shack. We ran each one back home. It did take most of the day; but no personel problems at all.
By the way the camera broke.

dk8019

I picked up my M109 at Fort Indiantown as well last Friday. Mike jumped it for me and it ran great. I drove it 160 miles or so back to Winchester, VA and then the 400 miles back to Ohio on Sunday. The truck was great, fresh coat of paint, 10 brand new tires, brand new batteries, and the engine had been service earlier in the year according to the tags. Over 600 miles total over the weekend, and it was the most fun I've ever had driving! She ran no slower than 50mph even up the hills in PA and Ohio. I ran her right at 56mph the whole way back with my wife following in the Jeep. Average fuel economy was right at 9 mpg on standard diesel. She stayed at 180F the entire trip, 60 lbs of oil pressure at speed, 20 or so at idle. Air pressure at 90 or so lbs. As far as I can tell it burnt no oil, and I didn't loose any fluid. The speedometer did quick working about 50 miles down the road, any ideas on this?

I saw THEROADS dueces staged at the gate, Mike was great as mentioned, limited security requirements to be honest, Mike drove his back and jumped me and after checking it over, off we went!

Attachments

ffdfrontman

that 109 is awesome!!! you got a great find there... goodluck in the future with that. Sounds like Indiantown is a great pleace, to bad it is 2000 miles from me or at least feels like it.

Stonewall

Can someone give me some additional information (such as web-site) on this facility at Indiantown. Sounds like a great resource, but I have no familiarity with it. Sounds like it is not all that far from me.

PaFarmer

Here is a shot of my wife and son. He is a much bigger fan of Deuces than she. He is 2 and thinks he is ready to move up to driving the deuces. He steers the go cart and a 90 cc quad that my older girls like to ride around. The wife has me under orders to keep the trucks out of sight from the house, she is pretty easy going, but 4 Deuces and three other trucks is probably a bit much. I will give her credit. I stuck my 4wd Kubota 4330 and brush mower deep in the mud this spring. She drove the Deuce and pulled me out.

Attachments

PaFarmer

Neighbor came over on Saturday to borrow my 3 point post hole digger. He looked over the Dueces. I mentioned that with the new winch truck, neither of us would be stuck for long from now on. It was not 20 minutes later that he called me, he was clearing fence line and put his skid steer over a steep muddy bank, nearly on its side. I was not ready to break out the winch, so I simply hooked up one of the deuces with a heavy chain, put it in reverse, low range, engaged the front differential and simply easily pulled him out. He made one effort with his lifted F-250 with a big block and called me. A 5000 lb. skid steer in the mud is not much of a challenge for a deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks