• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picked up wreckermans M52 friday..

redass73

made a trip to Stout field on friday to pick up wreckermans nice M52 ... look forward to meeting him in person when he picks it up ..told him I would post a few pics.. If anybody else ever needs something picked up there I'm sure we copuld work out a similar deal..
rick

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! Good save. It amazed me that the military kept a 1950's vintage M52 for so long, but hey they like stockpiling things. Paint it 24087 Semi-Gloss, put a yellow nose on the front of that hood, and it'll look like a Vietnam era gun truck tractor!

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

maddawg308 said:
Cool! Good save. It amazed me that the military kept a 1950's vintage M52 for so long, but hey they like stockpiling things. Paint it 24087 Semi-Gloss, put a yellow nose on the front of that hood, and it'll look like a Vietnam era gun truck tractor!
Dam that last pics, thats a "HOT LOOKING" tractor..............i wonder whos it is??? :shock:

wreckerman, great Tractor?? Are you going to paint it???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
vtdeucedriver said:
Dam that last pics, thats a "HOT LOOKING" tractor..............i wonder whos it is??? :shock:
Gee, I don't know, I think...maybe it's yours! :)

Found the pic online, thought it was one of the best looking M52 tractors I have seen. Hope you don't mind me showing off your rig to other Steel Soldiers...

vtdeucedriver

Course I dont mind. Tho your not the only one that has shown her off on SS. BTW, in the spring, I will be adding the "Yellow Nose" and some more "added" features that are not "stock" to the truck.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
I promise I won't do anything.......too stupid.....I have driven a semi around the yard at my old job and hundreds of bobtail rigs around the same yard(lets just say,YOU CAN drive a Freightshaker like you stole it if your quick and lucky AND you look at it as a fleet junker)

redass73

that one is my brothers baby. he takes fairly good care of it..but the old man.. he drives his like a rental car... its an 05 f550 on its 3rd set of brakes in less than 60k...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I want to thank Redass73 for going above the call of duty to get my truck off GL's property and hold it until I can get up there and get it.
I plan to drive up there and drive it home towing my Ranger back with it.
Maybe it will run as good as it looks.
I will post pics when I :grd:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I love M52's and getting a multifuel over a gasser is a good find. I still have to get more time into my gasser but I did love driving it home. Take a credit card with a big credit line cause driving it home will take lots of diesel and coffee.

redass73

you should.... its not a bad way to live... the worst part is some people have a negative stereotype of wrecker drivers.
just have prove them wrong.. we're not all a bunch of dirt bags