• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PICKING CORN (M819 in ACTION, PICS)

No.2Diesel

Actually just picking a corn combine to be exact :eek: .

----------------------

Its an International Harvester and is horse drawn. Any antique farm equipment buffs out there know its age? Its an pretty decent shape, all the wheels, gears, and chains work. They work a little too well. The contraption almost rolled out of the Deuce's bed before we could secure it! I would estimate the thing weighs about 1,000-1,200lbs.

-------------

Attached are some pics of its recovery and the two MVs working together. Enjoy!

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Yeah thats one thing I don't have is a color scanner. B&W deff. changes the tone of pictures.

Thanks Knucklehead, I didn't do any research. Using the crane is alot of fun and is very useful. Well...as long as I keep its operator from going "Coco the monkey" if you know what I mean :wink: More like "Coco the impatient gorilla." :p Sometimes I'm glad the cab is enclosed :eek:

--------------------------------------------

I have a question about its operation: After the ears are plucked from the stalk and travel towards the back of the machine what happens to the loose ears? I can't picture a seperate horse & wagon following due to the seperation of the two as well as no conveyor, these being much simpler times. Were they picked up by the hand of following farmhands? Thanks.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
We had an old one like that rusting out behind our barn back in Illinois. Got put out to pasture when my Grandfather got a tractor and a two row drive through Massey Ferguson picker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks