• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up a deuce, need part number help..

jblack6527

So I won a deuce out of Montgomery AL, and am going to pick it up when my EUC clears. I've been trying to gather as much information as I can, since this will be my first deuce. One question I have, is that in my searches around here, I have found two part numbers for the Alternator belts, a #25-9470 and a #25-9746. Which one of those is correct? I plan on taking belts, hoses(any Napa part #'s for those?), fluids, and a way to possibly repair broken lines as it will be a long trip back to NC. Is there anybody close to there that might be available to assist in the event of a major problem? The truck is supposed to be a runner, so hopefully all will go well..

BTW, here is a pic of my new acquisition.

Attachments

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed NAPA XL belts, #25-9470 on my multifuel and they fit fine. These will work on both deuce and five ton multifuels. At this point I cannot advise any hose numbers.
Congrats on your purchase.
Regards Marti

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the top, click resources and click parts cross reference for some helpful numbers. Also go to the top of the deuce forum and check the sticky on stuff needed for picking up the deuce.

jblack6527

M543A2 said:
I just installed NAPA XL belts, #25-9470 on my multifuel and they fit fine. These will work on both deuce and five ton multifuels. At this point I cannot advise any hose numbers.
Congrats on your purchase.
Regards Marti
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Recovry4x4, thanks for the info, I had no idea the cross reference was there. I've been reading the "great list" for a bit, and have based my list off of that, with a few additions "just in case".

jblack6527

Offroad: Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. I will be getting in touch with you when GL decides to grant me permission to go get it.. lol

Neil: I live in a little town called Weaverville, about 10 minutes outside of Asheville. Thanks! I just hope it runs as good as it looks..haha

jblack6527

Another question, in the parts cross reference, there are two different listings for a lower radiator hose, which one is it? They reference the same NSN#, which one is correct?
7759 or 20611?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put the 7759 on because the other one was closer to the damper than I liked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks