• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picking up a truck

martinrdb

I'm just about to pick up a 1984 AM General M35A2C from the government. It has done 16k miles (700 hrs) and it is located approx 100 miles from me.

My question is about the chances I have of simply starting (after changing batteries, fuel & air filters, filling lubricants etc) and driving back without the need for trailoring ? (plus maybe some minor adjstments etc).

I've have little idea whether the military keep their trucks in "working" order in case they need them, or they simply let them sits for years leaving things to seize ?

Grateful for any knowledge, advice etc

regards,

Martin

Warren Lovell

Put on your camo clothes and go for it.
As a police Officer, why would I stop a deuce...speeding? No...lights maybe...but as a rule, we don't stop mil vehicles.

Warren

poppop

I think you will find the Government kept their trucks up very well. They never knew when they would have to go off to war. I just greased my 5-ton dump today for the first time and every fitting took grease and pushed out grease a different color from mine so I know it was well lubed. The fuel tanks on all three trucks I own were even full when I picked them up, which at todays prices means a lot. You will probably need batterys and if the old ones are gone be sure you install them correctly.