• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up an m108 wrecker this week

ASTFU

:D What I believe to be a 1953 reo m108 vin #m44995 ? going to bring home this week.It is only 2.9 miles away.Runs good ,wiring leavs something to be desired.I will post pics when it gets here. :D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Less than a 3 mile recovery! Sweet! Looking forward to some pictures!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen ONE M60 light wrecker, was on ebay about 4 years ago. STILL shooting myself in the foot for not buying it, was 4500, and looked nice.

Seems the air force liked the M108's. I've seen or heard about 20 of them still around. Figure a lot more than that are hiding somewhere.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: got it home

Sweet! Looks pretty complete, even has the spare tire mounted in the right place. Respool the winch, flip the headlights, and paint her GREEN!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Very nice looking unmolested M108. Can I ask what you had to pay for it? Still in it's Air Force colors.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Only thing I saw missing was the lights behind the cab. Looks pretty good!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

That is so cool...... is it going to stay blue?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

There is a whole lot of truck there to work with.

Seems there are a lot of Folks that don't respect winch line - probably because they have never had to buy any of it.

Lee in Alaska

Jakob

RE: Re: RE: got it home

Any truck that you can drive home (safely) is a good truck indeed! Looks great, I'd like to have a 108 in my stable down the road.

ASTFU

Started cleanup, It will probably go green , It runs great crane works (has a few leaks to deal with) going to replace master cylinder and 2 wheel cylinders, the winch is giong to go back to the guy I bought it off for his m35a2. The crane will probably be a yard truck unless someone has to have it more than me (I want an m109) i have most of the parts to fix it Ill just pick away at it. Thanks for all the input Thom

Astfu the more you have it and use it im sure you will find it hard to ever wanta part with it. They will be more helpful for little things then anyone thinks about tilll they get one. Yard truck can do wonders :D.