• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picking up from Gl tomorrow, well maybe

Joehop

I won a tractor that was listed as "does not start". During preview it would crank but not start, right side tank was out of fuel, changed selector to left side which had fuel and fired on first crank with shot of ether, fired and ran for 3-4 seconds on 2nd attempt. stopped and did the priming procedure and on 3rd attempt had no power when battery switch was turned on. I think it was just out of fuel and would start but nothing with battery switch on. Attempted jumping with slave cable but nothing. Won the truck and have to go this week to attempt to start again. Plan is to clean all battery cable terminals and hopefully it will crank and start. Is there anything else I should be looking at? If it doesnt start I have someone to tow it home. 1st time I previewed it, it cranked for a while but didnt start, didnt spend alot of time on it, realized tank was empty on 2nd preview.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No power might be the pcb if you slaved it up and it still didn't have power. Sometimes you can cycle it a few times and get it to go. I would get good fuel in one tank, prime it up and try to start it.

Joehop

Well it was a no go on the tractor, I was able to get it to fire on the ether shot but it still wasnt getting fuel. I tried priming without results. I cleaned all battery terminals but the ignition was still sporadic and finally would not crank at all, nothing when the battery switch was turned on. After the 2 hours I had to work on it and still no success, I called to have it towed. Thanks for any input.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The no start issue may be a bad o-ring in the fuel selector lever. They are an known issue along with cracked fuel lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks