• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my first MV (M923a2) this Saturday.

Robo902co

Ok guys i'm a newbie to the MV world and am totally excited about getting my rig this coming weekend. I traveling down to Connecticut, approx 200-miles and could use some advice on what to bring JUST incase we run into a problem.I have a friend of mine who will be heading down with me. All advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your new truck, If is running, you're ahead of the game. If not I would bring everything! Actually, I'd take fresh fuel, batteries/charger, tire tools/inflator and fluids. Don't forget the credit card. Good luck, let us know how it went.
JC

Robo902co

Thanks JC, actually it is running and appears to be in very good condition.I figured from reading on SS how important it is to have a bag of goods put together.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Running is always good. Is it from a private owner? If so it should be turn key if sold as is. If your recovering it from a Gov't site, take the above mentioned tools/equipment. Always check the fluids and it's only diesel fuel after that.

tobyS

You didn't mention if you have a semi hauling it back or are driving it. I have 2 being trailer'd home as a breakdown on the road could cost plenty more. Lots to do and learn with the new heavy machinery. What are your plans?

Robo902co

I am driving it home.I bought it from a fellow member on SS.It was refurbished in 2009 by RRAD.I will definitely check out the 10 TM.I will pick it up in Connecticut and drive home to New Hampshire.Thanks for the advice guys.

JamesSummerville

I am also picking up my first mv M35a2 up at Fort Jackson SC, I had bad luck with haulers pulling out at the last minute. I have insurance on it I am not sure if GL will let me drive it off the lot. Calling in the morning to find out.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
could use some advice on what to bring JUST incase we run into a problem.
At the very least take basic hand tools and spare fuel filters.

I am also picking up my first mv M35a2 up at Fort Jackson SC, I had bad luck with haulers pulling out at the last minute. I have insurance on it I am not sure if GL will let me drive it off the lot. Calling in the morning to find out.
You better call them. I think that is where someone ran into a building in a deuce and now you have to have them towed/hauled off base.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring your tags and at the VERY LEAST insurance. No tags equals a ticket in most states. No insurance is more serious. Or, get it hauled. My $.02. Be careful in thinking that the RRAD rebuilds are completely rebuilt. They tend to reuse as much as they can and that will vary by truck. I have owned several and, no matter how nice the motor looks, I have yet to find a rebuilt or new 6CTA motor (although I have found several new or rebuilt NHC250s for whatever reason). Some have new doors, some not. Some new hoods, a recently rebuilt M923A2 had a hood that was smashed in and beaten out (then repainted). The quality varies.

Midnight

did you find out if they would let you drive it off the lot? im bidding on one and nervous about that because i cant get ahold of anyone to give me an answer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks