• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my M1028

citizensoldier

Something that I have ran into with southern warm weather vehicles and dry desert vehicles is once you take them to the great white north anything rubber tends to go to heck. Things brake, get cold and crack and do not adjust well to the cold. Especially -8! lol.. That truck looks like it came from a warm dry place to me. This might be what is causing your shifting issue. The vacuum pump could be having issues along with your modulator. Does it have a block heater installed? Cold starts without one will soon do in your starter.

WARWAG

Thanks for the responses. The truck was Station in Utah for its life according to DRMO. All of the vehicles they are getting come out of Utah. It does not have a block heater and I only started her since I needed to get the trailer back to the rental place. Since that one day with her I have parked her and there she has sat. The rubber hose in question is definately the original piece and is all dried up and hard. As far as a block heater I ordered two last night along with 2 battery warmers and 3 oil pan heaters. I will put one on the oil pan. One on the transmission pan and the last one on the fuel tank. The two block heaters will be installed one on each side of the block. This is a common practice up in Alaska.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks