• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my M35A2, need tool suggestions for trip

Blackmagic94

Yes I had that set up last week. Does anyone make a 1.5" on a 1/2 drive. That is the size of my breaker bar. Im gonna stop by sears in the valley after I land.

RealCavDog

Thinking that if it does not come with one with the truck, I would invest in at the very least, a 3/4 inch breakover and socket, 1 inch would be better, but if you put a cheater pipe on that 1/2 inch . . . well . . . pushing it to its limits, IMHO !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe Gary has the BII tools in the truck and they are included in the purchase? Maybe you could borrow them from him, if not(and ship them back to him).

Please tell him I said hello!

RealCavDog

Maybe Gary has the BII tools in the truck and they are included in the purchase? Maybe you could borrow them from him, if not(and ship them back to him).

Thats what Glen, 91W350, offered to do for me, but they were there, so no need !

That is an awesome idea if you dont find what you need, as you will need a set-up anyway !

91W350

If some shop monkey ran those lugs on with a big impact wrench, you can make a pretzel out of the original bar and still need a breaker bar. You need something long enough and strong enough for a big man to jump up and down on the end of..... mine is a 1" drive 42" long bar and I wish it was 48". It always works but a little longer bar might keep me from having to jump on the end.

518 miles, that is a good one day run without troubles... I had a 331 and 391 on my recovery. We had our share of trouble the second day! Glen

Last edited:
Just found this thread. Brandon was a great guy to deal with. A top notch straight shooter.
I gave him the super expedited bone up coarse on the fine points of starting, driving, turbo cool down, and how you turn on the lights.
Drove him to the gas station and he was on his way.
I sure miss the truck already but I just didn't have the time to stretch it's legs anymore and it went to a good home.
Here's Brandon just before his adventure.
Thanks again Brandon, it was pleasure to meet you and hand over my truck to you.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks