• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my M818

ke5eua

that dash switch only shows how much fuel in the tank selected.. two tanks but only one gauge.. so they switch it to show how much in that tank
The -10 says other wise, but it is whatever at this point. I've know the tm to be wrong on several occasions. I'm on the hunt for a new knob for the selector valve.

Now, back to the return spring. Popped the hood and looked at the spring, I'll get a new one to be on the safe side but the spring that is on it, vs the spring the tm calls for looks different.

Spring the tm calls for is 3.6 inches closed, and up to 7.6 inches under load.

The spring on the truck is 9 inches closed, and will expand up to 11 inches wide open throttle.

What to do, get the original spec'd spring, or get one that is the same length as the one on it?

IMG_0968.jpg

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that dash switch only shows how much fuel in the tank selected.. two tanks but only one gauge.. so they switch it to show how much in that tank

ke5eua

It's the wording that is misleading.

Pg 2-4 Key 5 - Fuel gage switch (M817 and M818 ) when in “L” position, fuel gage shows left tank fuellevel. When in “R” position, fuel gage shows right tank fuel level.

Pg 2-4 Key 13 - Fuel tank selector switch (M816) directs supply of fuel from left or right fuel
tanks.

Pg 2-7 Key 17 -Fuel tank selector valve (M816, M817, and M818 ), when in “L” position, engine
draws fuel from left side tank; when in “R” position, engine draws fuel from right
side tank. Selector is located on cab floor to left side of driver’s seat.

Can we just agree to disagree. I understand what everybody is saying. I was just going off what the -10 said.

Bigger fish to fry, need to replace the spring, see previous post.