• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my M923A2 this weekend

Joehop

Hello everyone,
1st post here. I bought and am picking up a 1986 BMY M923A2. I am flying in and driving about 700 miles home. Any suggestions as to what to expect, items to bring or whatever I may not be thinking about? Any items I should pick up "just in case"?
I plan to do 2 days of driving, hopefully not longer than 15 hours total.
thanks

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before the mods get ya. We all would like to know at least what state you live in.
Take everything you can think of and that won't be enough.
But since your flying in. I guess the only thing you will need is a fat empty credit card.

MtnSnow

Where you get it? Auction or Private sell? Also before the mods get ya you need to update your location to be more specific.

Joehop

Thanks all, buying from private seller. I will download and read whatever manuals I can before I pick up. Picking up in Kentucky and driving to lower Delaware.

mcmullag

The A2's were just made from 1989 to 1992. Has the private party gone through it or are they just flipping a GL truck?
If the owner has gone thru it and owned it for awhile it may be good to go.....

Joehop

It was advertised as an A2, It is a gov refurb that the seller bought in Jan and used for what he needed it for and is now selling. Seems to be in good overall shape, he put 2800 miles on it since Jan and has not had any issues with it. Pictures are good and truck is fairly clean as compared to others I've looked at.

Doug Roberts

test your braking , your ABS light ( on panel) should go off after a few sec from flipping the power on . If this light stays on , you have an ABS failure somewhere , but that doesn't mean you don't have brakes . Review what porkysplace told you above , and do it

Joehop

Well, Mission accomplished. 750 miles in about 18 hours, no issues. It was smooth on the smooth roads and rough as **** on the rough roads. Ran great the whole time. I guess wearing ear plugs is a no brainer! I could have used a small flashlight since no interior lights except dash. I didnt keep accurate miles/fuel used, ended up around $400 worth of diesel at about $3.80 a gallon. I love the truck and cant wait to get it to the farm. When picking it up the undercarriage was dry with no apparent leaks but pretty wet with oil by the time I got home. Hasnt really leaked much since but have been driving around town. Looking forward to any rallies or get togethers in Delaware or PA.

FloridaAKM

Congrats on a safe recovery of your M923A2 home. That was a long trip you had to make, was it spaced out over two days or all done in one? Post some photos when you get a chance!

Pkrez1

I'm sure nobody on this site will ask that stupid question that everyone in the outside world asks "What are you going to do with that thing". I hate those people! Joe, you should tell everyone how many trucks the cargo gave birth to in only 6 months, and how fun it is to change 12 14.00 20's. haha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks