• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup at Hill AFB, Clearfield Utah

Hammer

Ok, so I won a nice looking portable AC/Heater unit.
It is listed at 4'x4'x3' and about 700 lbs. So you know this isn't a 'little' unit at all. But something that should fit in most pickup beds.

Hoping that someone could pickup this item, and give me a little more time to get down there. It is about 800 miles from me to there, so getting a little better time to get there would really be of a help to me.
Bonus points if it could be transported to me, but I am not counting on that at all.

I would obviously compensate for the effort. I don't have a lot to spend, but I would definitely make it worth your while.

If for nothing else, any hints or tips for an easy pickup from this base? I have done a lot of GL pickups, just not this one yet.

Thanks!

panshark

I've picked up a couple of large toolboxes from there earlier this year, the young man who loaded me out was friendly, not in a hurry, and competent with a forklift.

I think there might be a recovery service local to Hill that will grab your goodies in an orderly manner, for a fee (of course).

If I were you, I would browse the thread for the 2011 PNW rally, see if any members from that area are planning on making the trip.

BadMastard

Well, not exactly the closest... I'm about 20 miles south of Hill. I can pick it up, store it to the end of the month, and MAY be heading out to Seattle first week of July. I say that tentatively as I may or may not have a 4x4x3 space available... :) Depends on if my new deuce is up and running by then, and if so, I'll bring it at least that close. PM me if you are still looking for transport.

panshark

here's an idea for ya, I've spoken with the guys at boyce equipment before regarding a tire purchase from them, they offered to get them shipped up to me through a local outfit, I'm kind of fuzzy on the price, but I seem to remember them being in the $100 range to haul up to the snake river valley.

If you were to go that route, you would have it out of the GL lot, and maybe position it closer to you. If you went through Hill's recommended recovery service, they might be able to store it until you found a truck wanting to pick up a load on a back haul.

Here's the bad news: if you got it hauled up to me I couldn't bring it to the rally. The wife has July blocked off on the calendar for IVF treatment, so I'll probably be a no-show. I think that I could probably move it across the state to a secure location in Boise, though. That saves you another couple hundred miles.

What's your recovery deadline?

Hammer

Well, it looks likely that badmastard will pick it up, and potentially deliver it!
That is more then just a stroke of good luck!
Thanks again!

Otherwise, I would probably be better off making the mad dash drive out there. Not fun, but I would get to see some more roads and more bases....

Hammer

Thanks again BadMastard for picking this up for me!
You really helped me out with my schedule being so hectic.

BadMastard

You're welcome Hammer! I got to visit the yard while I was there, it was worth it. They had a couple of liquid oxygen tanks there that I thought would be fun. I have no idea what for, but they were shiny. Hmmm. Maybe my a.d.d was kicking in. :)

agentsteel

Hey, don't leave me outta this, any SS member can store whatever here at my jobsite anytime. I just can't store aircraft hangers or anything over ten tons. LoL Let me know. K?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks