• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pickup in jacksonville

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is trying to find out where it is. DRMO Jax is 100 mile round trip to Interlachen. Stark is 140 mile round trip to Newberry. DRMO to Newberry is 200 miles. Plus all I have is the 915 to pick it up and tow it if the tires are good.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is trying to find out where it is. DRMO Jax is 100 mile round trip to Interlachen. Stark is 140 mile round trip to Newberry. DRMO to Newberry is 200 miles. Plus all I have is the 915 to pick it up and tow it if the tires are good.
You can tow it with your pickup truck James. I've towed them with my F350. Get a pintle hitch for your slide in receiver.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea Ray I have one but I don't know if I want to trailer it without brakes. Not that my truck could not handle it being very careful it's the sheriff or DOT I worry about. No good deed goes unpunished.

Yea Believe the trailer is on the North side of Jacksonville at the Arlington truck holding yard.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

James, you are correct on the location of the M105a2. I have picked up 4 trailers out of there & it is a breeze. I used the Toyota 4x4 Tacoma to pull them back to Gainesville with no problems from DOT or the local LEO( maybe they were busy those days). Braking was as simple as watching the traffic in a stop on a dime situation when people are nose deep in their phones

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No issues pulling them with a toyota pickup thru Atlanta traffic. Just used magnetic tail lamps during the recovery and don't do it on a rainy day!

sandcobra164

FloridaAKM, Mr. Alan, I am happy to see you posting again! You probably would have laughed if you saw a picture of your M1082 trailer being backed onto Simp's trailer. The back tires of the M923 were almost on the trailer deck and the front tires were on the ground. Luckily the 250 Cummins in these trucks is designed to handle such an angle. I hope you get a chance to enjoy the trailer. I probably wore about 200 miles off of your tires doing my drive around the block trips. Other than my trip to the GA Rally, it stayed hooked to my truck.

FloridaAKM

I know I am going away from the original posters questions, but this will answer the last post. Sandcobra, thanks to you, the trailer got excercised for a while till it came home. Thanks for everything & I hope Wes delivered that cold beverage to you as promised. Here is a picture of the yard ornament you had for half of last year.ResizedImage_1514466447651.jpg The Toyota can't touch it for towing, but it can ride in it. The Deuce tows it very well, but does not like hills.

To the original poster, if I was not working 12 hour days, 7 days a week; I could go get the trailer & leave it with James for pickup @ Wes's next trip down here. Shutdowns @ the chemical plant where I work are mandatory, so I am out of the loop for this go around.

profo

I think is gonna be all good talked to lady today it's off site at a truck yard they have forklift so I am gonna run done there with my three axle trailer and pickup and go get it!

Thanks everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks