• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(pics added) New m1008 owner in Blacksburg, VA

tsmall07

I just got my truck the other day. It runs really strong and seems to be in pretty good mechanical condition. The body is a little rough and the interior isn't much better, but thats kinda why I like it. It has a flat bed on it with a goose neck hitch and a snow plow on the front. I'm really excited to get into this thing and really enjoy it! The only issues it has now are a drain on the batteries and none of the lights work. Are there any obvious causes for these problems? I'm going to convert to a 12 volt starting system and I want to put the 6.5L turbo on it. I really need to get the lights working so that I can get it inspected.

Thanks for any help and I'll be seein you guys around!
Tyler

Dieselsmoke

Re: New m1008 owner in Blacksburg, VA

tsmall07 said:
I'm going to convert to a 12 volt starting system and I wa

Tyler
Wanna trade yer 24v starter for a good 12v one? I've got a 1008 that's going back to 24v.

tsmall07

Here's some pics!

Not bad overall. A new seat cover, dash cover, and inner fenders will be replaced fairly soon. I'm also going to be media blasting the fenders and such to remove the surface rust and repainting them. I want to do camo over the whole truck (bed included), but I might just do the cab. It'll also be gettin some bigger tars. :D What do you guys think?

Attachments

Opie

Welcome from the Old Dominion Chapter! There are a few of us in Roanoke, Lynchburg, and someplace called Meadows of Dan...
We're working on an offroading event in Harrisonburg or Charlottesville in the spring. Consider coming!

tsmall07

Opie said:
Welcome from the Old Dominion Chapter! There are a few of us in Roanoke, Lynchburg, and someplace called Meadows of Dan...
We're working on an offroading event in Harrisonburg or Charlottesville in the spring. Consider coming!
I'll be there. Just let me know when and where. Hell, I'll be in Hillsville tomorrow to visit some family (beside Meadows of Dan) and I'm in Salem all the time. My parents live in Roanoke and I go to school at Tech.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks